Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
If I press the "lock" on my 2019 SE FOB a second time I get a horn confirmation.

FYI, the SE has a traditional key starter.
I wonder if the SE is like my wife's company Niro? She presses that twice and it sounds like a cross between an airhorn and a train horn. I did not realize that the SE trim had a traditional key/fob system.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
I'll check when the wife gets home tonight, I'm not sure. I think it does sound off on the second push of the FOB but I'm not entirely certain.

The Limited and the ultimate have a push button start.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Limited and the ultimate have a push button start.
As well as the 2019 SEL.

When I thought we were getting an HR-V last December I wanted an LX or Sport model specifically for the traditional key start. Honda has had some terrible issues with keyless starting on the HR-V when it was first introduced. I don't know if their current production continues with this issue, but their 2016 and 2017 models sure did.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The '18 SEL has push button as well and no obvious way to get a honk either through multiple pushes, long press, or optional menu (that I could find).

·
Registered
238 Posts
I swore I found the option in the User Settings Menu for a Beep on a double-fob lock. Now I cannot find it, just checked. Might be getting senile in my age...*sigh*

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Checked and it's only a beep no horn sound for the Ultimate.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
149 Posts
Doesn't this work per the 2019 manual on your Ultimates?

LCD Display Modes -> Warning -> Horn Feedback

"To activate or deactivate the horn feedback.

If the horn feedback is activated, after locking the door by pressing the lock button on the remote key, and pressing it again within 4 seconds, the horn feedback sound will operate once to indicate that all doors are locked (if equipped with remote key)."

Page 3-76 of the owner's manual

·
Super Moderator
271 Posts

If the horn feedback is activated, after locking the door by pressing the lock button on the remote key, and pressing it again within 4 seconds, the horn feedback sound will operate once to indicate that all doors are locked (if equipped with remote key)."

Disabled on my 2018.
Using GDS you can turn on and off options, same as the ability to adjust the follow home lights.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Don't see it on the 2018 Ultimate LCD system.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
238 Posts

Nope. I went through all of the User Settings and there's no LCD Display Modes -> etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi there that only works if you have the upgraded dipslay option (B,C) not the A option, if anyone can tell me how to adjust this on the A display that would be appreciated, as I find the horn honk extremely annoying and I'm sure the rest of the folks in my neighbourhood would agree, since I'm in canada mine is an Kona Essential 2020 AWD, which from reading equals a SE in the US.

thanks B

1 - 18 of 18 Posts