Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Not disagreeing just offering an alternative. Weathertech hasn't come out with theirs yet so there is an OEM product available.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Not disagreeing just offering an alternative. Weathertech hasn't come out with theirs yet so there is an OEM product available.
I asked weathertech about their floor liners. Said they were supposed to come out in may, but they didn't like the way they fit when the final inspection was done, so they are revising them, and should be out soon. That's for fronts only. Rears there is no ETA.

·
Super Moderator
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't stand the OEM mats that came with the car. Since Tuxmat is available and have some good owners' feed back. It is Weathertech and Husky's lost for not coming out with mats sooner. The mats should be here sometime next week.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've never used the tuxmats before. Are they as good as the weathertech floor liners?
I had WeatherTech in my Kia Soul...however, I am THRILLED with the TuxMat so far after about 2 weeks...better coverage...not rubber but durable...actually, I like this material better...deep...classy looking. Easy to vaccum and wipe out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had WeatherTech in my Kia Soul...however, I am THRILLED with the TuxMat so far after about 2 weeks...better coverage...not rubber but durable...actually, I like this material better...deep...classy looking. Easy to vaccum and wipe out.

do they stay in place well?

·
Registered
55 Posts
do they stay in place well?
Yes! They fit tight to begin with and they come with clips that go under the plastic trim, etc. the driver mat has a large locking button on a stick pin. It sticks into the carpet, the mat goes on top, the button goes thru a hole in the mat and turn/locks into place.

·
Registered
6 Posts
just got off the phone with Weather tech mats for the Kona in production as i type this expectation is to have them for sale 4-6 weeks

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm tempted to grab the Hyundai Shop rubber mats, but I really only need front so maybe I will wait a bit to see what Weathertech wants for just the front mats.

·
Super Moderator
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the tuxmats for over a week. I like them. They are softer and have more cushion. They have felt backings, so drying after washing will take more time. We'll see if they are as durable as weathertechs? The price went up by almost $40, glade I got them few weeks ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the tuxmats for over a week. I like them. They are softer and have more cushion. They have felt backings, so drying after washing will take more time. We'll see if they are as durable as weathertechs? The price went up by almost $40, glade I got them few weeks ago.
Shoot! I put off getting them for our Tucson. Oh well!

·
Registered
277 Posts
While I am waiting for weathertech I found a of the shelf solution that covers the entire floor in the front, the back mats are lacking a little but for $25 I am very happy with the Armor-All crossover/suv mats. They were the first locally available mats that were 21 inches wide I found.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts