Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this could be exterior or interior...

Has anyone been offered or taken the First Place Finish program?
First Place Finish Car Care System - MetroTech Auto
We took it. Five year coverage.
Exterior: Fading, cracking peeling, oxidation, gloss loss, bird droppings, acid rain, tree sap.
Headlights: weather induced fading
Interior: stains from normal oil and water based liquids, rips, tears, and burns less than 1” in diameter.
Leather and vinyl: staining, weather induced cracking and rips, tears and burns less than 1” in diameter.

With the leather seats, thought it could be well worth it. And the exterior finish they applied makes bug splats and stuff come right off. Breeze to wash.

·
Registered
244 Posts
No it is not, it sounds like you have a dealership that wants to get customers in and keep them which all good. As far this offering not all dealerships have this since they are all Franchised out from Hyundai ,one could have this offer and then the next 20 min away could have a service offer and on and on. Also it would a be regional also and time , my dealership has the here is the key goodbye attitude, after seeing what the AU offers its customers makes the US dealerships pathetic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it is not, it sounds like you have a dealership that wants to get customers in and keep them which all good. As far this offering not all dealerships have this since they are all Franchised out from Hyundai ,one could have this offer and then the next 20 min away could have a service offer and on and on. Also it would a be regional also and time , my dealership has the here is the key goodbye attitude, after seeing what the AU offers its customers makes the US dealerships pathetic.
I do think our dealership cares. They own a number of dealerships in the area. My in laws have a Tuscon, an Elantra, and a Sonata. We now have a Kona and a Tuscon.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
after seeing what the AU offers its customers makes the US dealerships pathetic.
I don't see it this way at all. Our dealership is quite good and takes excellent care of us. If you believe your dealership isn't treating you right, then switch dealers.

I simply don't agree with your summary but I understand your frustration, some dealers are not up to par but this is not segmented to just Hyundai dealers either:angel:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well my personal experience and I have been to a handful of dealership over 150 miles away and one 120 miles away and all ignore you when you walk in or ask a question or simply do not know an answer and just walk away. As far as JR's point on changing dealerships I live an area where there none for over 100 miles in every direction and no one would drive that far to experience what I have experienced so far and before to find out Hyundai USA will Not back any claims against a dealership since they are all franchised out thus leaving you to have to deal with that dealership on your own. So overall reason why now any maintenance that has to be done will done by me or an Independent shop and of course holding onto receipts. Like many owners they avoid what is known as the Stealership and do it ourselves.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
As far as "First Place Finish," no it wasn't made available to us but this only means it's a local or regional promotion. Glad you like it. I'll do some research. However, we have the Platinum Coverage and all this is covered by Hyundai for 5 years.:smile:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as "First Place Finish," no it wasn't made available to us but this only means it's a local or regional promotion. Glad you like it. I'll do some research. However, we have the Platinum Coverage and all this is covered by Hyundai for 5 years.:smile:
I sawposts wereyou mention Platinum coverage. Platinum was not offered to me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... any maintenance that has to be done will done by me or an Independent shop and of course holding onto receipts. Like many owners they avoid what is known as the Stealership and do it ourselves.
On that point, I have certified mechanic I trust. I am considering going to them with the dealerships recommend services... let them give me their price on the same work.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Again, our experiences have been excellent. From the time until we purchased until now with both the Genesis G80 and the Kona is has been a pleasurable experience.

We had a wheel that was repaired on the Genesis G80, didn't like the repair. They replaced it no questions asked. Oil changes are done quickly and with the specified synthetic oil, which is an upgrade at no additional charge to us. They do as we ask and go beyond with their customer service. The vehicles are reliable and maintenance on them is not dramatic. All our costs are covered under their Platinum Service Plan for 5 years, so we take advantage of it.

I'm truly sympathetic with those who have to go thru angst over their dealership. It's unnecessary and unwarranted but you have to make a determination as to what is more important to you. You're personal well being or the car. I don't have any idea what each and every one of you are personally experiencing but for things to get better, sometimes you need to be insistent with the service department and also with yourself, by keeping an open and receptive attitude. We have the luxury of two Hyundai dealers in Albuquerque. Both seem to be of a higher standard in customer service and helpfulness which we are grateful for.

I sincerely try not to make blanket statements, but provide only what I've personally experienced.

Blessings:smile:

·
Registered
267 Posts
My dealer made no attempt to mentions or sell any kind of service, maintenance, or etc ! Hounding me to give the top rating, ha, they did not get it ! Just do not feel warm and fuzzy with this place !

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Well then you got a leg up, go back in and speak to the manager and tell your salesman didn't speak to you about anything extra, as in a maintenance plan etc.

Tell them "sure" when you earn it:grin::wink:

Suggest he give you the Platinum Protection Plan at employee pricing ($1500.00 or below). If you want it of course. This is where push comes to shove so to speak.:grin: I'm not suggesting you demand but ask firmly.:wink: It's never to late, the worst they can do is say no. However this is a win, win situation for you as a customer.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts