Hyundai Kona Forum banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Changed the oil today. It is nice there is an opening to access the drain plug and filter without removing the under cover. There is enough clearance that I can change them without putting the car on a ramp. It seems they painted the oil pan after they installed the plug and washer. Took a bit of effort to get the plug turning.
I want to put a Fumoto drain plug in my 2019 Kona 1.6t Do I need an adapter? Is the bolt recessed where I would need an adapter?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got one also, it's an easier effort utilizing one. Got the F106SX M14 - 1.5.

I utilize Prolong along with my oil as it helps to stifle this issue.

Below are some of the actions, causes and effects listed and what you can do to help;

FUEL DILUTION OF ENGINE OIL: CAUSES AND EFFECTS
Is the bolt on the oil pan recessed where I would need a Fumoto adapter? I bought both the F106 and matching adapter instead of the F106SX. I'll return the adapter if I don't need it.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
JR Kona was banned years ago, and has been banned on every site he posts on, it seems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So the 2020 comes with 3 years free oil changes from Hyundai. They do them every 6000 miles on the Ultimate. I guess I'm wondering if there is any harm doing it at this interval since it is what the manual says to do, and also what Hyundai is covering for them.?

·
Registered
1 Posts
When should I get my first oil change? I have a 2020 Kona it now has 810 miles on it. Next month it will be a year old.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would do it. Acid builds up in the Oil. And besides, There is a Recall #203 on Kona 2.0. Made between certain dates.

161 - 166 of 166 Posts