Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tend to stare back at my Kona every time after parking it (it's that pretty!). Yesterday, I noticed a small but deep scratch near the bottom center of the rear bumper. I've included a photo.

Any idea what could've caused this? I'm sure I didn't ding it loading something in the trunk. I live in a cold area and park outside, so could it have been from a salt truck making its rounds in the lot? I'm mainly surprised it's on the rear bumper. I would've expected something like this on the front from small rocks on the road while driving... The dark plastic cladding just below the paint scratch got a bit of a hit as well.

Also, do you think the touch up pen from Hyundai would work well for this type of scratch? It's quite small luckily, but seems to have chipped all the way through :(

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot_20200214-135519~2.png

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks to me like it could be a shopping cart height too... I don't know about the touch up paint pens, I've never had good luck with them. How about the Dr Colorchip system, at least maybe read up on it? I used it on my Avalon, and it did a really nice job of covering up an admitted much smaller scratch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks to me like it could be a shopping cart height too... I don't know about the touch up paint pens, I've never had good luck with them. How about the Dr Colorchip system, at least maybe read up on it? I used it on my Avalon, and it did a really nice job of covering up an admitted much smaller scratch.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts