Hyundai Kona Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts
My driving is daily long highway speeds. I like to maintain 80mph but shockingly I still get passed! I live in Florida and the roads are smooth w good weather except for rainy season. My big concern is the oil dilution issue w 1.6T. I was hoping for a 2.0T that had addressed this issue. I’m afraid driving at high rpms for 2-4 hours at a time will in effect wash off the motor oil from piston rings and cylinder walls. With the injectors shooting fuel at this rate. How would it not?
Any by products of incomplete fuel combustion/burning will be "boiled off" in the oil with the amount of time you drive all at once and at the engine speeds your driving. Your driving habits are almost ideal for extremely long engine life, as long as you keep up with the oil/fuel/air filters

Turbo life is another discussion, I have no high mileage experience with their lifecycles.

Thank you all. I do feel more confident in selecting a Kona 1.6t now.
A multi injected engine, port injected and direct injected runs as just a guess 5-10% in port injected to 90-95% direct injected mode. It wont fix the fuel dilution issue. I have yet to see any documentation of major engine damage by "common " fuel dilution common to a normally well running GDI engine. All we see is "fear" posted by people worrying about fuel dilution.

A multi injected engine, port injected and direct injected runs as just a guess 5-10% in port injected to 90-95% direct injected mode. It wont fix the fuel dilution issue. I have yet to see any documentation of major engine damage by "common " fuel dilution common to a normally well running GDI engine. All we see is "fear" posted by people worrying about fuel dilution.
Perhaps but at least it washes the intake valves a bit. Carbon buildup I’ve seen required hard tools to remove, literally picking/scrapping it off. Seen in the Ford ecoboost.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.