Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m officially a Kona Owner today. Though I paid for it almost two weeks ago, I finally got my Lime Twist Ultimate non-awd Kona today. It was a dealer swap from somewhere in California to Peoria Arizona. I picked it up at noon and put over 100 miles on it in the course of my job today (I fix computers.) I can’t tell you how much I love the color! In the bright and (way too ****) hot Phoenix sun, it is stunning. The interior with the matching Lime-colored accents is great too. Stereo sounds good and the heads-up-display is pretty trick as well. The 1.6T engine definitely makes this little car go when I need it. Looking forward to many more miles on it. I got it from Larry H. Miller Hyundai in Peoria AZ. With Hyundai $500 rebate and dealership loyalty discount of another $500 (my wife bought her Genesis g80 there) It was a pretty good deal, I think, especially for the hard to get Lime Twist color. Glad to be joining the rest of you fellow owners.

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
I’m officially a Kona Owner today. Though I paid for it almost two weeks ago, I finally got my Lime Twist Ultimate non-awd Kona today. It was a dealer swap from somewhere in California to Peoria Arizona. I picked it up at noon and put over 100 miles on it in the course of my job today (I fix computers.) I can’t tell you how much I love the color! In the bright and (way too ****) hot Phoenix sun, it is stunning. The interior with the matching Lime-colored accents is great too. Stereo sounds good and the heads-up-display is pretty trick as well. The 1.6T engine definitely makes this little car go when I need it. Looking forward to many more miles on it. I got it from Larry H. Miller Hyundai in Peoria AZ. With Hyundai $500 rebate and dealership loyalty discount of another $500 (my wife bought her Genesis g80 there) It was a pretty good deal, I think, especially for the hard to get Lime Twist color. Glad to be joining the rest of you fellow owners.

Wow, you get the 1.6T in FWD only!

I get mine end of this week, looking forward to mine as well!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah, in the US there are four trim levels and you can choose either FWD or AWD with each. The downside is that the FWD version has a different rear suspension system.
I wonder how much of a difference the independent rear suspension really makes? Especially since I only drive city streets or highway that for the most part are pretty smooth. I got the fwd because the awd isn't really necessary where I live.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I wonder how much of a difference the independent rear suspension really makes? Especially since I only drive city streets or highway that for the most part are pretty smooth. I got the fwd because the awd isn't really necessary where I live.
Having test driven both, back to back, the multi-link is perceptibly superior if you plan on throwing it around corners and taking it on non-asphalt surfaces. For sedate day-to-day driving, though, really no difference.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Having test driven both, back to back, the multi-link is perceptibly superior if you plan on throwing it around corners and taking it on non-asphalt surfaces. For sedate day-to-day driving, though, really no difference.
Good. Now I don't feel bad about not having the IRS. This is my daily driver, pavement pounder. I won't be taking it off road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts