Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1st post here. I have a question about p/n "87711-J9NA0". I see many similar p/ns on various sites. All say they fit my car. That can't be correct, can it? I am confused as to which part I actually need. I see "87711-J9NA0", "87711-J9000" and "87711-J9500" Some have an additional suffix for color, like MZH or Y2R. Is mine a painted trim or is it just plain plastic with no paint. If painted, do I have to have it painted or does it come pre-painted, ready to put on the car? I just don't know what p/n to buy. My car is a 2022 Kona LTD in Teal Isle. It is a USA delivered vehicle if that matters.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
984 Posts
My 1st post here. I have a question about p/n "87711-J9NA0". I see many similar p/ns on various sites. All say they fit my car. That can't be correct, can it? I am confused as to which part I actually need. I see "87711-J9NA0", "87711-J9000" and "87711-J9500" Some have an additional suffix for color, like MZH or Y2R. Is mine a painted trim or is it just plain plastic with no paint. If painted, do I have to have it painted or does it come pre-painted, ready to put on the car? I just don't know what p/n to buy. My car is a 2022 Kona LTD in Teal Isle. It is a USA delivered vehicle if that matters.

MHR is the color code for the black fender trim, and Y2R is the grey fender trim, typically found of limited and ultimate models. They come pre-painted. My catalog doesn't show the 2022 models yet, so i am unsure which one you need.

Have you tried Partsouq to see which matches what your looking for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I was not aware of partsouq. I just checked. they don't have listings for 2022 models yet. I'll have to wait for my wife to bring it home to see if they are gray or black. My dealer gave me the 87711-J9NA0 p/n with no suffix,. Should I assume that without a suffix come non-painted? still not sure what the difference between the J9000, the J9500 and J9NA0 numbers mean. With the 2022 model supposedly a new makeover, I want to be sure of the right p/n.. Do you happen to know of a website that I can find Hyundai p/ns based on the car's serial number?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts