Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys
I have a 2018 1.6T limited AWD. I know trip tronic and I use the trip tonic all the time but I'm getting some hard shifts sometime doesn't happen all the time. Also If I'm on a hill and I take my foot off the break sometimes my Kona will roll backwards. Is this normal or is my transmission going out?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yea, that's the weirdness of Hyundai's combination of sub standard ecu and trans ecu working against each other. If you had a "performance" engine tune, tuned to 93 octane and a trans tune with faster shifting and a "performance" trans tune, that flakiness would be gone. I know the EXACT feeling you are feeling. I myself can't pin point if it is a slipping clutch or wide open throttle with a MASSIVE amount of retarded timing fooling you it is slipping. It is crappy Hyundai left it that way. Did you hear that HYUNDAI!!!!!........ fix your crappy EPA OEM 87 octane tune. I don't think it is slipping, but then I think it is slipping. I had good luck when I feel that crappy feel to pull the battery cable for 15 minutes and start the trans relearn process., and have a heavy foot on the relearn process. But too many people don't want a 91/93 octane mandated car, so this is what we get.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Greeting and Welcome
The Hyundai dct 7 speed is definitely not as refined as the vw/audi dct, I keep hoping for a software update.

My 13 yr old grandson noticed ours roll back at a stop sign the other day.
I gave him a big pat on the back and told him not many kids his age would notice it :).

Look up "Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC)" in your owners manual, section 5 pg 37 in the 2019 manual.

It only holds for 2 seconds, I had my foot off the brake for more than 2.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts