Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I gave up on Hyundai OEM racks, Thule, and Amazon pinch ones. I found Rhino Rack on Etrailer.com Direct bolts to roof rail 10mm studs. Well made and sturdy. @ $330.00 Here are a few PICs View attachment 4944 View attachment 4945 View attachment 4946 View attachment 4947
Awesome!!! I wish I had found those. They look great and the best part is peace of mind. I haven't gone to a local dealer yet to see if there is anything they can do. Like I said in a previous post, it has been too long to send them back. Unless Hyundai makes good on them, I think I'm stuck with them and will only use them for light weight stuff. Thanks for the update. If I can get my money back somehow, I'll definitely get these. Otherwise, I don't think I want to invest another $300+ into this project. Thanks again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
if you still haven't found a solution you like, the aguri bars from ****'s garage are solid and cheap, if not super refined. They do clamp under the edge/lip, so they're not coming off unless something breaks.

... tighten them to 53 ft-lbs as stated in the instructions...
The instructions I got said Inch pounds.
I made a mistake about the ft/lbs, sorry.
[/QUOTE]

Glad that got cleared up. 53 ft-lbs sounded a bit excessive...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts