Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that some other car manuals (like the Bolt) say when it's really cold that the car should be plugged in all the time, and that some people in extreme cold have had a warning 'battery too cold' and can't go anywhere. Is there any such minimum temperature like that with the Kona Electric? (model with battery heater and heat pump in Canada)

·
Registered
9/18 EU base model
141 Posts
Sorry nobody answered sooner. Unlike the Bolt the Kona does not act to keep the battery warm while parked, plugged in or not to AC. The InsideEVs forum has a majority of Canadian owners, it would be a good idea to join.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've read that some other car manuals (like the Bolt) say when it's really cold that the car should be plugged in all the time, and that some people in extreme cold have had a warning 'battery too cold' and can't go anywhere. Is there any such minimum temperature like that with the Kona Electric? (model with battery heater and heat pump in Canada)
No, mine has been exposed to -20f or more several times Plus wind chill. Non issue, hit the button and go!
Mine is US not Canadian model , no heated battery option nor heat pump in it being a 2019 model year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts