Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2018 1.0 ltd Kona which has covered 13000 miles. My concern is my exhaust sounds as if it's blowing, which would be odd given the mileage and brand reputation. I just wondered if this was a common experience with a 3 cylinder engine ? Thanks Mark

·
Super Moderator
1,345 Posts
Hi I have a 2018 1.0 ltd Kona which has covered 13000 miles. My concern is my exhaust sounds as if it's blowing, which would be odd given the mileage and brand reputation. I just wondered if this was a common experience with a 3 cylinder engine ? Thanks Mark
not sure what you mean by blowing ? Louder perhaps ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Blowing exhausts" must be a British thing. Take it back when the lockdown permits and let the dealer have a look. It should not be blowing at this early age. It may be just a loose joint. Ours has only done 9,000 and is ok. Good luck with the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,345 Posts
"Blowing exhausts" must be a British thing. Take it back when the lockdown permits and let the dealer have a look. It should not be blowing at this early age. It may be just a loose joint. Ours has only done 9,000 and is ok. Good luck with the car.
I agree.. if something changed or doesn’t sound normal, take it to the dealer...
I once had a new car with a broken weld in the muffler once.. every time it hit a certain rpm it would vibrate the grid inside and make this horrible noise.. replaced and all was well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 18 plate Kona and the exhaust system just fell apart. I've only had it 6 months and it's always been loud - I naively thought it was because it was a turbo injection and just a loud car. I took it to the dealer this past week because it was getting louder and had started intermittently rattling. Got a caller later that day to say the rear exhaust system had split in two when they got the car up to look at it. Currently in a courtesy car and soon to be high car as there's no stock of the part they need and no one knows when it will be in. Thankfully all covered under Warranty but obviously an issue on a car less than 3 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts