Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2022 Kona N with 700 miles on it. I did do the break in for 600 miles and Upon starting after sitting a while I notice a rattle for 1-2 seconds then it goes away. if I stop the engine then restart it I don't hear the rattle. i am experience with engines and have rebuilt a few. I'm hoping the noise isn't piston slap. I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this as well.
Thank You for any Help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a new 2022 Kona N with 700 miles on it. I did do the break in for 600 miles and Upon starting after sitting a while I notice a rattle for 1-2 seconds then it goes away. if I stop the engine then restart it I don't hear the rattle. i am experience with engines and have rebuilt a few. I'm hoping the noise isn't piston slap. I'm just wondering if anyone else notices this as well.
Thank You for any Help.
I had a new Genesis G70 with twin turbo V6 and a Hyundai Palisade that sounded the same way. Everyone says its HIGH PRESS fuel pump priming in engine compartment. Now I just got Kona N (65 miles) and its much quieter on start up. I would reach Out to your dealer to confirm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts