Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Kona Ultimate with 1.6 turbo with 7000 miles. Replaced my 2005 Honda S2K 2 years ago and have never looked back however, yesterday I received this message opn the dash screen. "A possible condition with your Engine Control System has been detected with your 2020 KONA (KM8K33A50LU40302ou have7) on 11/18/2021 at 11:05 am PST. A full system check is recommended to be done when convenient." Also received an email with the same headed "Automatic Hyundai DTC Notification." Right before receiving the message I had started from a stoplight in Sport and released it at the next light. Sounds like the DCT has a problem.

This is my first Hyundai so if any of you have experience with this message please let me know and what to expect. Seems rather strange for a 2 yr old car with only 7000 miles on it.

Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,285 Posts
I would ignore this message, wait and see if it returns. I would also disconnect the battery to reset the ECU and go from there.. it Might have just ”burped” and threw a code. you can do a search for more info on resetting and the Learning process.
Again, this is what I personally would do if it happened to me. let us know .
and Welcome to the forums

·
Registered
391 Posts
Greetings and Welcome

The DCT has been the better of the 2 transmissions in the Kona, however they do have problems, some easy fix others not so easy.
If you haven't competed the reset stop by an autosupply and see if they'll do a free OBDII code check, most will.
Record the codes if there are any.
You can Google the codes, we would be interested in the codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have very similar experience. Mine is 2020 Kona SEL Plus AWD. Part of piston ring recall but was told that it is not impacted. Few days back, I has issues with car stalling (pattern that I saw was in low speed and when I would step off the gas). Two days later, got same message. Bluelink sent email/ my hyundai app shows P036600 then P001100.
When went in for a check(11/19), was told that engine needs replacement. Today dealer confirmed that hey got the approval to replace. Replacement can take 2-3 weeks. I am getting a rental car (Hyundai pays $35, I pay the rest)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2020 Kona Ultimate with 1.6 turbo with 7000 miles. Replaced my 2005 Honda S2K 2 years ago and have never looked back however, yesterday I received this message opn the dash screen. "A possible condition with your Engine Control System has been detected with your 2020 KONA (KM8K33A50LU40302ou have7) on 11/18/2021 at 11:05 am PST. A full system check is recommended to be done when convenient." Also received an email with the same headed "Automatic Hyundai DTC Notification." Right before receiving the message I had started from a stoplight in Sport and released it at the next light. Sounds like the DCT has a problem.

This is my first Hyundai so if any of you have experience with this message please let me know and what to expect. Seems rather strange for a 2 yr old car with only 7000 miles on it.

Many thanks.
It seems no car is 100% perfect. My 22 Hyundai has had four over air software updates in the last two months. I'm sure that's all your problem is. The only problem I see is waiting a month for a dealer service appointment. Like I just had too. My cell phone charger quit by the second week .and I had to wait over a month to get it into the shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts