Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can already imagine the responses to this thread, but I figure I might as well bring it up.

I always fill my car up at QuikTrip, and for a while now, they've had E15 gas pumps installed. I never used it in my previous car, a 2013 Civic, since E15 was not approved by Honda for that specific model and only approved for E10. I don't care what that sticker on the pump says about it being approved for 2001+ model cars. According to the Kona Owner's Manual, Hyundai says you can use up to E15.

I am considering giving it a try since it's a few cent cheaper and any reduction in fuel economy using E15 would be minimal.

Has anybody given E15 a try? Just curious if anybody has noticed any difference between E10 and E15.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
671 Posts
E15 is cheaper, but the lower performance in both acceleration and mileage would not be worth it too me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i would gladly pay a little more per gallon for strait gasoline but there are only a few gas stations in my state selling E0 gas and none are near me. i`d burn half a tank getting back home. there is no reason to have corn in our fuel.

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
Unfortunately, none near me. :-(

·
Registered
357 Posts
$2.06 yesterday, $1.96 for 89 which sounds high... Thats $1 PER TANK. :eek: .

87E0 is a little better than 89E10 per my very non professional testing.
A few years ago I found some 93E0 in west Texas, don't remember which car but it loved it.
It was very high $.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I can already imagine the responses to this thread, but I figure I might as well bring it up.

I always fill my car up at QuikTrip, and for a while now, they've had E15 gas pumps installed. I never used it in my previous car, a 2013 Civic, since E15 was not approved by Honda for that specific model and only approved for E10. I don't care what that sticker on the pump says about it being approved for 2001+ model cars. According to the Kona Owner's Manual, Hyundai says you can use up to E15.

I am considering giving it a try since it's a few cent cheaper and any reduction in fuel economy using E15 would be minimal.

Has anybody given E15 a try? Just curious if anybody has noticed any difference between E10 and E15.
I’m now using a bottle of Stab-il 360 which is supposed to stabilize ethanol in your tank. I treat all my lawn equipment with it. Nearest non ethanol pump is in Poconos. A bit too far to fill up a 5 gallon jug. 😓

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I wanted ethanol-free gas, I'd have to drive a good distance since I live in the middle of a big metro area that regularly has air quality issues in the summer. I know some Buc-ees locations sell E0, but I'd have to drive nearly 30 miles one way to get it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If I wanted ethanol-free gas, I'd have to drive a good distance since I live in the middle of a big metro area that regularly has air quality issues in the summer. I know some Buc-ees locations sell E0, but I'd have to drive nearly 30 miles one way to get it.
Only really worried about lawn equipment (weed whacker, lawn tractor, etc), and I add the Stabil 360. E0 is too far away, I guess, I can get 2 - 5 gallon jugs for lawn equipment each year and add stabil to it.

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
Never had any issue with ethanol in my cars or lawnmowers. Can't avoid ethanol if you live near a big city. I used a regular fuel stabilizer in my 2.5 gallons gas can.

·
Super Moderator
1,182 Posts
Never had any issue with ethanol in my cars or lawnmowers. Can't avoid ethanol if you live near a big city. I used a regular fuel stabilizer in my 2.5 gallons gas can.
same.. haven’t went out of my way to compare it with E0, but I get 30 - 32 mpg avg running errands around Town.. I rarely do hwy anymore.. lately I use drive thru And idle a lot.. I see the trip Mileage go down while I’m waiting in line but the time I get home I’m just about up to average again. So ethanol has been pretty transparent to me although I would prefer not to have it.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I went ahead and filled up with E15 today since my fuel light came on. It ended up being around 11.3 gallons of gas going in, and I paid $1.889 per gallon, which was 5 cents per gallon less than E10. I'm gonna keep an eye on the mileage to see if there's any noticeable difference. I'm thinking any difference will be negligible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts