Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a full detailed post about the issue I had with my Bosch plugs after 4k km of usage, so I am going to keep this short.

For the 5 minutes it takes (and this goes for other components that are easy to access) we should all do our due diligence, and re-torque spark plugs on our Konas. Professionally installed or not, things can happen, and as seen by the photo below, will do immense damage when they do. With a 70,000 km ( 40,000mi) replacement interval, these plugs will be replaced numerous times by the average owner, so it's in everyone's best interest to make sure they are in there well.

I hope others have better luck than me with their kona. And before I get any hate about not doing it properly, I work on almost every model of helicopter and fixed wing aircraft in north america as part of maintenance. I treat my car (when it comes to maintenance) just like I do my customers aircraft because no matter the situation, lives are at stake if I am not confident in my work, or am not using the proper procedures.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
130 Posts
thats a good idea, ill re torque mine, my torque bar is like 10 years old i should probly get a new one

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats a good idea, ill re torque mine, my torque bar is like 10 years old i should probly get a new one
Honestly I would just see about sending it in for a torque check across it's entire range and go from there. I use my father's tools, some of them are still calibrated from the 70s.

·
Registered
2019 Lake Silver Kona Ultimate
23 Posts
Ewwww....That's a real ouchy bro! No amount of hand lapping's gonna put THAT straight!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts