1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been watching them, but will wait to see what Hyundai comes out with....if they haven't already.....or ever will......those look good though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I need something on the lower part of the doors. Apparently I kick them alot when I get out.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I saw these on E-bay, available from a seller in China.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-2018-2019-Hyundai-Kona-Door-Sill-Protectors-Stainless-Steel-Plates-Guards-/263698764923

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Car-Stainless-Steel-Door-Sill-Scuff-Plate-for-Hyundai-KONA-2017-2018-/122749615398

Anyone tried something like this?

Substantially cheaper than what the dealer offers. Looks like it’s stuck on with double-sided tape.
I just ordered some so I will be the guinea pig and let you know how they work out !

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Saw them also, they've got a plethora of them on eBay. I haven't decided yet which ones. They also have them in black and silver for the outer edge door strip just beyond the the scuff plate.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought the oem set they are just metal stuck on with double sided tape they aren't anything special

·
Registered
18 Posts
new to the forum...a quick question to RC51rider ..do door sill protectors you purchased cover a little bit of the edge of the sill? usually right where the paint wears off...if anybody can answer this ,I sure would appreciate it ..thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
new to the forum...a quick question to RC51rider ..do door sill protectors you purchased cover a little bit of the edge of the sill? usually right where the paint wears off...if anybody can answer this ,I sure would appreciate it ..thanks
You can postion them how you like , here is my pic

Attachments

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Ditto!!

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Hey Hey......I'm gonna put a healthy strip of Mylar on my sills.....yah man, I don't need a reminder that I'm in a KONA...hahahahaha.......Mylar is a clear plastic film that usually is put on the exterior to prevent rock chips, me thinks 3M is the mfg.....so consider this as an option ....you're welcome.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can postion them how you like , here is my pic
Can you tell me how the door sill protectors are holding up? Does the stainless steel get scratched up a lot ? Ready to order this style but reluctant in regards to the stainless getting scratched like crazy.I know it can"t stay perfect forever ,but just wondering ..Thank you very much if you could let me know.

·
Banned
179 Posts
I think I'm just gonna use some carbon scrap pieces and make my own.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Can you tell me how the door sill protectors are holding up? Does the stainless steel get scratched up a lot ? Ready to order this style but reluctant in regards to the stainless getting scratched like crazy.I know it can"t stay perfect forever ,but just wondering ..Thank you very much if you could let me know.
Had the same and they work well without problems. They can be had on eBay for $23-26 dollars which is quite cheap.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 20 of 22 Posts