Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Came out of work today to my first door ding ☹ View attachment 300
Those can be popped out withe the right tool or dentless repair shop.:wink: Talk to your dealer and he can direct you to whom they utilize. You'd be surprised what they can actually do now without body work.

Then install the same color body panel strips the length of the doors. They look good and complement the Kona and are good insurance from people who just don't care.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Came out of work today to my first door ding ☹ View attachment 300
Those can be popped out withe the right tool or dentless repair shop.
Talk to your dealer and he can direct you to whom they utilize. You'd be surprised what they can actually do now without body work.

Then install the same color body panel strips the length of the doors. They look good and complement the Kona and are good insurance from people who just don't care.
I seen the factory side molding can get on eBay for $136 delivered any color for the Kona in 3 stage paint ! I did go and get three estimates from body shops and they range from $800 to 1700 because there are two scratches were the dent is

Attachments

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
We opted for the coverage also.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
I seen the factory side molding can get on eBay for $136 delivered any color for the Kona in 3 stage paint ! I did go and get three estimates from body shops and they range from $800 to 1700 because there are two scratches were the dent is
Yes this is what I was referring to. This pretty much precludes such dings and dents from doors, carts and other such issues. I understand your frustration and certain sympathize. We were parked in the Kirtland AFB Commissary with our Mini. We went in and shopped, came out and there was a very large dent in the front end of the hood. Someone had back into us and decided to take off instead of waiting or finding us in the Commissary. I can forgive them and have but you still have to deal with the costs. It cost us around $800.00 out of pocket.

Hope everything works out for your betterment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts