Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 hyundai kona EV. Our screen turns on and off often sometimes 10+ times in a short trip. Other times not at all. Brought it to the dealer a month ago and they said they couldn't replicate. Finally got the dealer to take it seriously after sending video of it occuring. Often the screen is unusable. The dealership just told us they did a reset per Hyundai support. Very concerned it will continue to happen. Any advice?

I have a ton of videos but they are too large to include. Tends to go through the same sequence where the screen turns black but music stays on, blue welcome screen and then screen goes black and music shuts off. Happens on repeat sometimes 15 times in 10 minutes. Other times it doesn't happen at all on a trip.

Registered
Have you noticed it doing it on rougher roads, maybe a clover leaf entrance ramp, traffic circle etc?
Hitting the dash with my fist worked on a GM product (Catera 馃挬 ) we had a couple decades ago.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Have you noticed it doing it on rougher roads, maybe a clover leaf entrance ramp, traffic circle etc?
Hitting the dash with my fist worked on a GM product (Catera 馃挬 ) we had a couple decades ago.
We have been taking local streets for months now because we are both working from home. But honestly there doesn't seem to a rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes happens constantly other times it doesn't happen at all even though we are driving the same route.

Registered
Ours has rebooted itself 1 time about a year ago. There was a message on the display, only took maybe 30 sec.

After the reset has it started turning off/on again?

Registered
Have you noticed any other symptoms, radio on/off/volume does/doesn't work while display is not on, etc?

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Display turns off, radio turned off and buttons don't work. Sometimes the display turns off but radio keeps playing.

Registered
Display turns off, radio turned off and buttons don't work. Sometimes the display turns off but radio keeps playing.
A list of symptoms will really help the tech troubleshoot your problem.
Things to check and document should include the display, does the touch screen stop working, do the manual controls stop working, buttons on the steering wheel, etc.
Have the passanger make the testS and documentation.

I once had a customer reply when asked about his broken phone, " it's broke :mad: fix it".
I tried again to gather more info, same answer and he turned away.
As I turned to leave he asked "where are you going" I replied " I'm going downtown to the phone building to star my testing". He quietly replied "oh I can't hear on it". Took minutes to get a replacement handset (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts