Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All

Whenever I reverse I get a dinging sound as soon as I shift into reverse - not the warning sound for a close object but just a constant rhythmic ding until I take it out of reverse.

I've only had it 2 weeks and I am not sure that it has always done this - maybe it has and I haven't noticed till now - its getting kind of irritating to reverse with the constant dinging in my ear.

I couldn't find anything in the manual about turning this off.

Is it a "feature" or can I somehow mute it?

Cheers

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Hmmm, what trim Kona do you have?

There is a button on the shifter bezel right hand side, bottom button you can disengage the sensors on the Ultimate. Just a question, when does it happen? In a parking lot or all the time while in reverse? Are you in the US, Canada, Australia, or Europe?

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
Hmmm, what trim Kona do you have?

There is a button on the shifter bezel right hand side, bottom button you can disengage the sensors on the Ultimate. Just a question, when does it happen? In a parking lot or all the time while in reverse? Are you in the US, Canada, Australia, or Europe?

Blessings and Peace
He is australian and had an Active with Safety.

Our button only disabled the front sensors in our highlander models.
The active has no front sensors.

I get a beep when I am in reverse as well a beep followed by rhythmic dinging.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Thanks for the information BB, it's appreciated.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
96 Posts
Unfortunately I think this is a standard safety feature depending on your region. Hopefully its something that can be disabled with a software update, but I don't think that currently it can be disabled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doing a trawl for info on tow bar and turning off beeping when bike rack on and saw this post. I have a late 2017 Kona Elite (Australian) and I don't have any sound in reverse except when I am too close to an object.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts