Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone receive a physical key card with their Kona N?

Or, has anyone been using the Digital Key app in lieu of the physical key? Besides being able to start your car, does it automatically unlock and lock your car as you approach/leave?
- Also, what Android device are you using it on?
- Rumors has it Hyundai is working on a Apple version, but I'm guessing it'll be a few years

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the digital key card from my local dealership. It can unlock the car via NFC by holding it to the door handle. You then have to place it in the wireless phone charging pad in order for the car to recognize it when starting the engine. I use a Samsung S22. I have the digital key app for my phone also, which in turn allows me to use the phone in an identical manner as I just described for the physical card.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the digital key card from my local dealership. It can unlock the car via NFC by holding it to the door handle. You then have to place it in the wireless phone charging pad in order for the car to recognize it when starting the engine. I use a Samsung S22. I have the digital key app for my phone also, which in turn allows me to use the phone in an identical manner as I just described for the physical card.
Thanks for sharing, bummer that it can't automatically lock and unlock the car for you like the newer BMWs.

Though must be nice to not have to carry a bulky key around and use your phone instead!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for sharing, bummer that it can't automatically lock and unlock the car for you like the newer BMWs.

Though must be nice to not have to carry a bulky key around and use your phone instead!
I haven't really trusted that mindset yet....meaning, I haven't gone anywhere with just the key card in my pocket. I threw the card in my wallet, and always take my regular physical key with me. Not sure I'll ever trust using only the card with nothing else.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't really trusted that mindset yet....meaning, I haven't gone anywhere with just the key card in my pocket. I threw the card in my wallet, and always take my regular physical key with me. Not sure I'll ever trust using only the card with nothing else.
Just curious to know why you bought the digital key then if you always carry the physical key with you anyway?

·
Registered
131 Posts
ally trusted that mindset yet....meaning, I haven't gone anywhere with just the key card in my pocket. I threw the card in my wallet, and always take my regular physical key with me. Not sure I'll ever trust using only the card with nothing else.
Tried the digital key on my wife phone without the standard key. It works fine. Soon it will be thumbprints to unlock and start the car without any other digital tech.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts