Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Test drove all three this week. 2019 Crosstrek, 2018 for the others. When do the 2019s come out? Wish list includes a sunroof, electronic safety package, best warranty possible. Leather seats are nice but not crucial.
Don't drive off road but live in cities with terrible potholes. Don't need AWD as we are snowbirds and won't be up north in winter. Never drove anything other than a stick shift since my '68 Mustang and have a real aversion to buying an MPG matters. Have to have Sirius. Considering the Crosstrek Premium (to get the sunroof) but not happy with the 3 yr 36,000. It comes in a stick, though. The Niro is nice because it's a hybrid but so few of them on the road! Didn't like driving the Kona without the Turbo - felt like a toy car. Open to what y'all know/think have learned. Anyone know when the 2019s come out? Will it only be all electric? We don't have a garage so that won't work for us. Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
They should be out in the last quarter of this year. Check with your dealer they should be able to tell you now.

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
The MY19's are out in Australia now.
Stock is due to arrive in ~3 weeks.

Upgrades for Australia on the Top End model is

8" Screen (from the 7" Before) with NAV and Traffic (includes 10 years of maps) + DAB
8 Speaker Premium Sound system with AMP
Hyundai AutoLink Premium (4G Version with remote start etc)
Sunroof on Highlander (only with body colored roof)

The RED and YELLOW trim options for the leather are only available with the corresponding exterior color. (imo, it looks BORING without it)

The price is UP $3000 from the old version, considering I paid $5.5K LESS than RRP due to it being on the lot for a few months, I am not that upset.

I would like the upgrades, but the price difference is way to big.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Will it only be all electric?
The EV (Electric Vehicle) Kona is just an addition to the Kona line. I'm really not interested, even though they say it will have a range of 256 miles. It's to limiting having to wait to charge it up every 235 miles. It's really only a city car and will probably be more expensive over all.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
244 Posts
KONA 18 >2019

ITEM
CHANGE FROM (‘18MY)

CHANGE TO
(‘19MY)
NOTES
Exterior
Contrast Roof
Available on SEL with three exterior colors

Available on SEL with two exterior colors
Deletes Silver option
Shark-fin Roof Antenna
Not Available

SEL Tech Package ➤(And Above)

Conventional Sunroof
Available on SEL Tech, Limited

Remains included with SEL Tech; deleted from Limited & Ultimate; Standalone option on Ultimate
Deleted from Limited and Ultimate trims
Interior
Dual Front USB Outlets
Not Available

Standard
Replaces front 12V outlet
Infinity Premium Audio
Available on Ultimate

Available on SEL Tech ➤(And Above)

Blue Link Connected Car
Available on Ultimate

Available on SEL Tech ➤(And Above)