Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Another update... It has gone from replacing the clutch package to now they are putting in a new transmission. Hopefully I will have my car in working order next week.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another update... It has gone from replacing the clutch package to now they are putting in a new transmission. Hopefully I will have my car in working order next week.
Any update on this? I'm still of the opinion that the DCT doesn't handle some every day driving conditions well enough, and they need a revision of some sort to get it right...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any update on this? I'm still of the opinion that the DCT doesn't handle some every day driving conditions well enough, and they need a revision of some sort to get it right...
My car acted the same way before having the transmission replaced. 4k miles later with a new transmission it no longer bucks and stalls. Shifts smoothly and quickly in all driving conditions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My car acted the same way before having the transmission replaced. 4k miles later with a new transmission it no longer bucks and stalls. Shifts smoothly and quickly in all driving conditions.
The question for me is was there a difference in the newer transmission (like a refined build or software) or was it simply that the original transmission was defective?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The question for me is was there a difference in the newer transmission (like a refined build or software) or was it simply that the original transmission was defective?
In my case the original transmission was defective. According to the repair receipt, 1st and 5th gears were not functioning. And, the car was acting very much like a manual transmission trying to start in 2nd gear.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How did they determined the 6%? Did they actually take the pads out and look at it?

Just wanted to give an update. I brought the car in for its 12K service. I mentioned to the dealer about my shifting issues and the car bucking or stalling when starting (mostly from hills, but not always). It had been seeming to get worse since I started this thread. I figured it was worth having them look.

Well, turns out when the technician even went to bring the car in the shop, it stalled for him when trying to start from a stop (it is a completely flat parking lot). Usually my luck is they can never experience what I do. So they looked deeper, and it appears that one of the clutches is warn down. I believe he said down to 6% left. They even talked with Hyundai Engineering. I had asked what could I have done to cause this (the car only has 12K miles on it). They said they didn't know and even engineering didn't know how it could wear down that much that fast.

So anyway, they are putting in a new clutch package. They will have it a few days since they have to take the transmission completely out to perform the repairs.

I hope this fixes my weird shifting issues.

-Scott-

21 - 26 of 26 Posts