Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we are leasing a 2018 1.6t Kona. I've read others have had issues with the DCT and I do feel like I often have to feather the accelerator in order to get a smooth take off. However, i've also read about others having real transmission issues and having the dealer swap it out. Our issue is the car skakes and buckles at parking lot speeds when the accelerator is not pressed--- like when moving along in a drive-thru que. and unfortunatey, we've been going thru the drive-thru a lot lately with all the restaurant closures so this shaking is becoming a real issue for us. is this normal?? the car drives fine otherwise-- no odd shifting or high reving at highway speeds. car idles fine at a complete stop-- just shakes badly when inching along without the gas pressed. thoughts anyone?

on a side note-- this is our first leased car-- car has 27k miles on it--- am I responsible for dealer service/fees if i bring this in to get diagnosed?? we did not pay for any extra service coverage in our lease. thank you in advance!

·
Registered
162 Posts
thats how the DCT is, what you're feeling is the engagement and disengagement of the clutch/ you are rolling in first gear which is stuttery. They say normally to not be rolling about under 9mph as it will feel choppy and cause wear, but as long as you aren't overheating the clutch you are fine. (drivethrus and light crawling doesn't really cause too much wear)

·
Super Moderator
443 Posts
MIne did not act like that. It was almost smooth like a regular automatic at low speed. You should have them look at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm going to bring it into the dealer tomorrow to get their opinion. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
310 Posts
Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm going to bring it into the dealer tomorrow to get their opinion. Fingers crossed
How about an update on the transmission issues? Any news to share?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just picked it up from the dealer (they kept it overnight), they couldn't replicate the shaking, but said it's normal for the DCT to shake a bit at low speeds. To be fair, I couldn't replicate it either in their parking lot. I'm just glad it's a lease at this point.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Personally, we don't take the Kona if we even suspect we'll be in heavy traffic, and we sure as heck wouldn't sit in a drive through lane for anything more than about 5 minutes.

Life's just too short to waste it on that stuff, IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts