Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kona Highlander 1.6T
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been having an issue with the cruise control on my 2018 1.6 turbo. I'm pretty sure it has always behaved this way and I hope that it is not a common problem.

The car goes in to the dealer for its 30k service next week and I'd like get some feedback from the forum.

Cruise maintains a steady speed on the flat and even uphill but downhill is a real issue. With cruise control set at say 80kph and going down a long, steep hill, the car's speed will increase to over 90 kph before the cruise control intervenes. Even once it intervenes it will not reduce the car's speed to 80kpm until the road either levels or goes uphill.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Thanx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My previous car was a Mazda 6 Altenza which had adaptive cruise. It really was set and forget coz that thing would go uphill and down dale at the set speed regardless. This Hyundai is a real backwards step in the cruise department at least.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had a string of Mazda before the Kona, the M6, a 2.5 M3 and an NC Miata. Both the 6 and the 3 had adaptive cruise and its really the only thing I miss. Bottom line- there are more pluses than minuses with the Kona. Enjoy your Mazda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts