Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone else has had to replace a windshield yet? I was on the highway a few weeks ago and had a rock come up and hit the bottom of the windshield. The crack is getting pretty big now. I'm on a waiting list with safelight but they don't know when they will get a replacement. Anyone have a similar issue?

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a bummer. If you had been able to jump on it before it had the chance to spread, you could have maybe avoided a full replacement.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Take it to your dealer, they can probably get it done quicker. I like Safelite but you don't have to wait on them.:smile: Depending upon what trim, it can cost you up to $1,114.98 for an OEM replacement. Your also going to need a ADAS recalibration (Advanced driver-assistance systems)

Are you doing it thru your insurance?

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wondering if anyone else has had to replace a windshield yet? I was on the highway a few weeks ago and had a rock come up and hit the bottom of the windshield. The crack is getting pretty big now. I'm on a waiting list with safelight but they don't know when they will get a replacement. Anyone have a similar issue?

Small rock pits so far but thankfully no cracks as as you have running into issues of a replacement. But not use Safelite glass, they have a bad reputation for warped glass also for any glass made in China. The dealer will only source out the work to a local glass shop and most times the OEM glass is never better more expensive though , go with a shop that uses PPG or Pelington one of the best replacements and better warranty. Call around and with your insurance it will cost you nearly nothing, but also if you have the Ultimate with rain sensing wipers make sure you tell them but then the cost does for this feature in the glass.

·
Registered
268 Posts
For what it is worth, if anyone has a windshield patch done, oh yes the insurance pays for it; but when the time comes to need a windshield, the insurance will deny the claim because they already paid for a repair ! Always better a new glass. Insurance loves paying only $100 patch job over complete replacement.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Ham that all depends who you are with generally.

I agree an Safelite does have an issue with their generic windshields. They generally don't fit as well as OEM. Make sure you ask them for the OEM replacement, they have both.

Blessings and Peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts