Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at attached picture of Ultimate vent controls.

1. How do you have air just blowing at your face and upper body? I don't see a button for that.....
2. Or have air just blowing at feet?
3. What is that button between "front" and "rear" ? Feet and lower body and defrost of windshield?

I know....I do need to see a dealer! :wink:

(and can I sneak in unrelated question....how do you post of "thumbs up" to someone's post?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
It sure is, thank you sir!:grin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has anyone noticed their recirculate air button only staying on for about 5 minute cycles. I've tried putting my air on Max AC and non Max and I have to keep hitting the recirc button.....it was 95 here the other day, ugh.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Make a formal complaint to Hyundai customer service. AND everyone else who doesn't like that. I DON'T. I will be calling too. I will check it out and see if mine does it too. They can fix that with a firmware update if we can get enough people to complain. It makes a HUGE difference if you bring in 100 deg. outside air. No other manufacture does that , even my 2013 Elantra stayed on inside air for air cond. In fact it defaulted to that on air conditioning.

Bring it up on the other Kona sites too, and have the people call too and ask specifically for a firmware update to fix it.

Added note: Could this only happen on Auto Mode, we will have to do some testing to see. What happen to ONLY upper vent mode for full cooling and heating just at the human's body like every other car I have ever owned.

The facts seem to point out that "SOMEONE" forgot the upper only vent button. We are missing a button guys and gals!!!! That's heating and cooling car controls 101.!!!! This could be epic fail on design.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
No, the cycle is there. You just have to cycle thru the middle button and you'll see it come up in the display. This is the button with the upper and lower directional arrows.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Glad you found it.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Has anyone noticed their recirculate air button only staying on for about 5 minute cycles. I've tried putting my air on Max AC and non Max and I have to keep hitting the recirc button.....it was 95 here the other day, ugh.
Thoughts?
Again this is a auto air control feature. If you wish to over ride it, use the manual settings. Otherwise turn on the AC lower the temp to the LO position, turn on the recirculate and vary the speed manually. If it's in the "auto position at a given ambient inside temp setting it will cycle the fan from lo, med or high as needed and also cycle the inside and outside air.
:wink:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Again this is a auto air control feature. If you wish to over ride it, use the manual settings. Otherwise turn on the AC lower the temp to the LO position, turn on the recirculate and vary the speed manually. If it's in the "auto position at a given ambient inside temp setting it will cycle the fan from lo, med or high as needed and also cycle the inside and outside air.
:wink:
I have the SEL tech package FWD.....I don't believe I have the auto feature, my stuff is all manually set so I'll ask when I go for my first oil change.....minor inconvenience but still annoying. Love my Kona.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts