Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does the glove box light go off if you leave the box door open? I want to leave it open when at the beach to discourage someone from breaking the window to see if the glove box contains anything worth stealing, but I don't want to return to a car with a dead battery.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The glove box's light doesn't go off. Removed the filter for cleaning, left the door open and after 15 min. the light was still on.
Be aware.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The glove box's light doesn't go off. Removed the filter for cleaning, left the door open and after 15 min. the light was still on.
Be aware.
Thanks, robokona, I suspected the same. I will ask the dealer to remove the bulb, or is it easy to do myself?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks, robokona, I suspected the same. I will ask the dealer to remove the bulb, or is it easy to do myself?
The bulb is a easy diy, check you owners manual.

1 incandescent bulb is not going to run the battery down in a few hours at the beach.
You could change it to a led, check your owners manual, our 18 limited uses a festoon.
I changed ours to led (not canbus) which uses even less elec.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bulb is a easy diy, check you owners manual.

1 incandescent bulb is not going to run the battery down in a few hours at the beach.
You could change it to a led, check your owners manual, our 18 limited uses a festoon.
I changed ours to led (not canbus) which uses even less elec.
Thanks, abjbrkt!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts