Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does the glove box light go off if you leave the box door open? I want to leave it open when at the beach to discourage someone from breaking the window to see if the glove box contains anything worth stealing, but I don't want to return to a car with a dead battery.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The glove box's light doesn't go off. Removed the filter for cleaning, left the door open and after 15 min. the light was still on.
Be aware.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The glove box's light doesn't go off. Removed the filter for cleaning, left the door open and after 15 min. the light was still on.
Be aware.
Thanks, robokona, I suspected the same. I will ask the dealer to remove the bulb, or is it easy to do myself?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks, robokona, I suspected the same. I will ask the dealer to remove the bulb, or is it easy to do myself?
The bulb is a easy diy, check you owners manual.

1 incandescent bulb is not going to run the battery down in a few hours at the beach.
You could change it to a led, check your owners manual, our 18 limited uses a festoon.
I changed ours to led (not canbus) which uses even less elec.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The bulb is a easy diy, check you owners manual.

1 incandescent bulb is not going to run the battery down in a few hours at the beach.
You could change it to a led, check your owners manual, our 18 limited uses a festoon.
I changed ours to led (not canbus) which uses even less elec.
Thanks, abjbrkt!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I go to my garage this afternoon, press the door button to unlock and nothing. I thought maybe I didn’t have key fob on me. Nope I had it in my pocket. Used physical key to get in car and tried to start it. Nothing. No interior lights, dash lights, no radio, nothing. I called Hyundai roadside assistance and had it towed to dealer for 7a appointment tomorrow. The car has less than 500 miles on it and I’m pissed.
I have a [2020 Kona Limited]. I have killed the battery dead 2x in the year I have owned it. Thankfully, I have a battery charger in my garage, so I can get it back to startn=ing in an hour or so, and a 12-hour cycle to completely charge the battery. I think both times I've killed the battery, I've neglected to lock the car after I park it in my garage. I think for some reason, there is a parasitic draw when the car is off, but not locked. I am continuing to try to research this, and see if there is a mitigation in the settings. If not, I might do something like this PriorityStart! 12 Volt ProMax Automatic Battery Protector, which I have on my truck so I don't drain the battery overnight on offroading trips by using the 12v outlets to run devices.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts