Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently ordered a 1.6t Trend in Pulse Red. Test drove a 2.0 Essential (in Pulse Red), then the next day took out a 1.6t Ultimate (in Lake Silver) at a different dealership, just to compare. Of course, I was mightily impressed by the 1.6, and thoughts of buying a 2.0 all but disappeared. I told the seller that I wanted a Pulse Red, but MAY take a Lake Silver if they couldn’t find a red one. Before I left, I said I really like the red and was not longer interested in the silver.

After price negotiations, he said he could bring a red one in in a couple of days. I dropped off a $500 deposit cheque the next day, noting the vehicle trim line, color, and model on the cheque. 5 minutes later, the sales manager comes up to me and asks if I will accept a Lake Silver IF they can’t find a Pulse Red model. I was a little surprised, as I had been told that a red one was basically on its way.

I told him that I really preferred the red, but would consider Acid Yellow as a substitute if they absolutely could not find a red one. He replied that that color was highly in demand as well, and that may also prove difficult.

I really don’t mind waiting, but I worry that they may try to charge me extra for the inconvenience of getting one from another dealership, if that’s even possible. I told them that I will need to keep putting kms on my trade-in. They said that wasn’t a problem. I don’t know why he would rather have me change colors than just wait for the color that I want.

Thoughts? Opinions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Waiting for the color you want or finding a dealer that is willing to find the car you prefer is time invested well. You will have it a long time hopefully so it's worth waiting for.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,278 Posts
So, I recently ordered a 1.6t Trend in Pulse Red. Test drove a 2.0 Essential (in Pulse Red), then the next day took out a 1.6t Ultimate (in Lake Silver) at a different dealership, just to compare. Of course, I was mightily impressed by the 1.6, and thoughts of buying a 2.0 all but disappeared. I told the seller that I wanted a Pulse Red, but MAY take a Lake Silver if they couldn’t find a red one. Before I left, I said I really like the red and was not longer interested in the silver.

After price negotiations, he said he could bring a red one in in a couple of days. I dropped off a $500 deposit cheque the next day, noting the vehicle trim line, color, and model on the cheque. 5 minutes later, the sales manager comes up to me and asks if I will accept a Lake Silver IF they can’t find a Pulse Red model. I was a little surprised, as I had been told that a red one was basically on its way.

I told him that I really preferred the red, but would consider Acid Yellow as a substitute if they absolutely could not find a red one. He replied that that color was highly in demand as well, and that may also prove difficult.

I really don’t mind waiting, but I worry that they may try to charge me extra for the inconvenience of getting one from another dealership, if that’s even possible. I told them that I will need to keep putting kms on my trade-in. They said that wasn’t a problem. I don’t know why he would rather have me change colors than just wait for the color that I want.

Thoughts? Opinions?
They can't charge you extra for the color, they may want to charge you for the transport but that's between you and the dealer. If you've already negotiated the price and they want to charge you for the transport, stand your ground on the negotiated price. Generally they won't. A good guess for the color change might be; the other color is more readily available and to see if you'd compromise with that particular color. Lime and acid Yellow are in higher demand so it's no wonder they aren't readily available.:wink:

Congratulations and Mahalo!!:smile_big:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top