Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First really cold day today in ohio..I started up my 2.0 that was parked in garage and boy was my idle so rough car was literally shaking....calmed down after about 15 seconds or so....anyone else experience?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Run some Chevron Techron in the tank. Could be some condensation in the fuel.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
175 Posts
I noticed a little more noise, but mine didn't make the car shake.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Coldest we've had this Fall is -15 C (+5 F) and my 1.6 T with synthetic oil parked outside on the street started very easily and smoothly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First really cold day today in ohio..I started up my 2.0 that was parked in garage and boy was my idle so rough car was literally shaking....calmed down after about 15 seconds or so....anyone else experience?
Did you ever find out what was wrong.. mine is doing this on a regular basis about once a week.. they reset computer in car but still doing it

·
Registered
139 Posts
It happened to me twice in hot Florida. I noticed it's a bug in the ignition. If you just tap the starter instead of a full twist of the key something goes out of time and it seems like the car is running on less than 4 cylinders. Try to be more aware when turning the key.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It happened to me twice in hot Florida. I noticed it's a bug in the ignition. If you just tap the starter instead of a full twist of the key something goes out of time and it seems like the car is running on less than 4 cylinders. Try to be more aware when turning the key.
Ya mine is the push button start up.. i went higher grade gas to see is this helps.. but I really shouldn't have to be buying better gas..lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ya mine is the push button start up.. i went higher grade gas to see is this helps.. but I really shouldn't have to be buying better gas..lol
Higher grade gas is not better, it's simply igniting at a different time in the ignition cycle, than regular gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts