Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, working on getting a 2018 Kona SE AWD, anyone know of a cold air intake that's out for it yet? I saw the shark racing model and was set on it but realized they have no brackets to hold it up off other components in the engine bay.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys, working on getting a 2018 Kona SE AWD, anyone know of a cold air intake that's out for it yet? I saw the shark racing model and was set on it but realized they have no brackets to hold it up off other components in the engine bay.
CAI on the 2.0 would not be a benefit in power or anything that you might want to achieve, Naturally Aspirated engines do not draw in the air like a Turbo so no benefit , intake you have on now is matched to what that engine needs. The Shark racing CAI is for the 1.6.

Overall any Naturally Aspirated engine is not in ones performance design , you can get a K&N for it which is a drop in for better flow but not much more.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree. If you have an interest in getting a performance intake system, you'd be better off placing it in the 1.6 turbo. If you are set on AWD, that's going to mean stepping up to the Limited trim.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
There is also a bracket for the unit. Plus the unit is only designed for the 1.6T.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree. If you have an interest in getting a performance intake system, you'd be better off placing it in the 1.6 turbo. If you are set on AWD, that's going to mean stepping up to the Limited trim.
Its a bigger bonus if you plan on getting a tune. No one can argue that a forced induction engine has a better chance of gaining power over one that's naturally aspirated.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Very true, unless you just want to throw away the warranty and build the engine. However, there's just not allot of internal engine parts around for either the 1.6T or the 2.0.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
179 Posts
CAI on the 2.0 would not be a benefit in power or anything that you might want to achieve, Naturally Aspirated engines do not draw in the air like a Turbo so no benefit , intake you have on now is matched to what that engine needs. The Shark racing CAI is for the 1.6.

Overall any Naturally Aspirated engine is not in ones performance design , you can get a K&N for it which is a drop in for better flow but not much more.
That is incorrect. A CAI with have an effect on both N/A and turbo applications. Whether an engine is naturally aspirated or forced induction from factory does not equate to its performance value. A CAI is usually good for 8 to 10 hp on a N/A car. Thats on average. Check with major manufactures Injen, AEM, Weapon R, etc... Now the 1.6t has less effect with an aftermarket intake because how the 1.6l intake was designed. The OE gamma intake is good for engines up too 350hp, according to performance company Lap3. And its easy to prove that an intake as no effect by itself on the gamma engines. Take the airbox out, or put a highflow filter in and drive. The airbox has a 3" inlet that expands to a 4.25" cross section where the recirculation dump is, then funnels down to a 2.25", and the inlet on the turbo is 1.55". So if you make it all 3" like 99% of the aftermarket companies do, you may actually be hurting performance, just to look pretty and make some noise.

However, if your want a tube replacement for the 2.0l for a warm air intake, i have one on mock up, and i do have a pretty CAI for the 1.6l in the process. No guaranteed performance gain, just looks and sound, and little to no heat soak.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Post some photos so everyone can see. No photos, it doesn't exist. CAI's vary just like the companies that product them. Without other modifications to the exhaust and a possible tune you'll be lucky to see a 5 whp increase with any. Of course there just isn't one available for the 2.0 and on two for the 1.6. One is a short ram and the other is a semi-CAI.

By the way, Lap3 does nothing for the Kona. It does nothing for the Veloster but nothing for the Kona.

I see you are back again David Torrello.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Lap3 does for the Veloster but nothing for the Kona. (corrected above.)

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
No David I wouldn't want anything your connected with. You're still advertising here and not authorized to do so. Now everyone here is aware of who you are once again and your background.

Blessing and Peace

·
Banned
179 Posts
Post some photos so everyone can see. No photos, it doesn't exist. CAI's vary just like the companies that product them. Without other modifications to the exhaust and a possible tune you'll be lucky to see a 5 whp increase with any. Of course there just isn't one available for the 2.0 and on two for the 1.6. One is a short ram and the other is a semi-CAI.

By the way, Lap3 does nothing for the Kona. It does nothing for the Veloster but nothing for the Kona.

I see you are back again David Torrello.

Blessings and Peace
Check with your admin, tried several times, forum not excepting my photo's from my google image account. When i get home from work, i'll upload them. Also before someone assumes im selling these intakes, Im giving away 3 1.6lT CAI's on FB contests, and the 2.0l wai is in the process of being developed.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
See you deleted the post and have been found out again. You just admitted to marketing and advertising your products. And you're still advertising David. Gentleman, don't be fooled by this individual; this is the Unknown, Bella Kona, and DJ Kona wrapped all into one. Anyone who needs to be refreshed as to who he is; I have his complete information or you can just follow the original comments from each of the user names.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
179 Posts
No David I wouldn't want anything your connected with. You're still advertising here and not authorized to do so. Now everyone here is aware of who you are once again and your background.

Blessing and Peace
And who am i? oh thats right, the guy that called you out on the BS you are spewing. Still not advertising here. Im giving people the choice to not follow all the bad information here, and look up that there are other options out there. So how does that strut bar work for you? Did you see all the info i posted about the bad install that luxon did with the kona strutbar? Did you too have to cut holes in the cowl to make it fit? Did you tell anyone here about those issues?

·
Banned
179 Posts
See you deleted the post and have been found out again. You just admitted to marketing and advertising your products. Gentleman, don't be fooled by this individual; this is the Unknown, Bella Kona, and DJ Kona wrapped all into one. Anyone who needs to be refreshed as to who he is; I have his complete information or you can just follow the original comments from each of the user names.

Blessings and Peace
Who's bella kona? seriously i dont know. whats the ip ? and yes, id like to see you poor response to your "fire" retarding hood insulator.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Thanks David, I see you're still having delusion of grandeur. I see you are continuing where you began. It's nice to know nothing changes and now everyone knows it's you again. You are at odds with yourself here no one else.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
And who am i? oh thats right, the guy that called you out on the BS you are spewing. Still not advertising here. Im giving people the choice to not follow all the bad information here, and look up that there are other options out there. So how does that strut bar work for you? Did you see all the info i posted about the bad install that luxon did with the kona strutbar? Did you too have to cut holes in the cowl to make it fit? Did you tell anyone here about those issues?
David it will work out fine whatever I have to do, that's not your concern. But whatever I have to do will be my decision. Let's see your installation David? Post the picture and your picture of all your modifications you've commented you've done.

You're still David Torello, the same fraud that originally posted here with a bunch of erroneous information about yourself. David, stop lying to yourself and others. I'd be happy to post it or refresh everyone minds if you'd like of who you are, as well as your photos of you on facebook and your history. Once a fraud always a fraud, David.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
179 Posts
David it will work out fine whatever I have to do, that's not your concern. But whatever I have to do will be my decision. Let's see your installation David? Post the picture and your picture of all your modifications you've commented you've done.

You're still David Torello, the same fraud that originally posted here with a bunch of erroneous information about yourself. David, stop lying to yourself and others. I'd be happy to post it or refresh everyone minds if you'd like of who you are, as well as your photos of you on facebook and your history. Once a fraud always a fraud, David.

Blessings and Peace
Id love to see what you have "supposedly" found. Please by all means refresh out memories.

Kinda sad that you make it impossible to discuss your short coming in PM, but you have it locked out. Cute.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Oh and David, the two plastic cowl caps over the struts, just need to be remove to install the bar but that's another story.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
179 Posts
Oh and David, the two plastic cowl caps over the struts, just need to be remove to install the bar but that's another story.

Blessings and Peace
Really? Lets see your actual picture, because as seen in your picture, the cowl trim has holes drilled to clearance the bolts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts