Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have begun to notice the clutch shuddering/chattering as I come off the brake and accelerate. Just hit 7K, it has been really smooth until now. I have been so impressed with how the DCT shifts and now this. I believe I have taken excellent care of the clutch by not riding in traffic or roll/stop/roll at lights. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I am going to contact the dealer as soon as I get some input from you guys, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I would pull the battery cable and let it do a re-learn before I took it in.

I agree with Bad-Papa, I do this routinely when my DCT becomes flaky. I pull it for 10-20minutes. An guru electronics guy told me years ago, give a problematic problem reboot at least 10 minutes without power as some electronic parts can hold power for a while. Back in the 90's when you were having flky issues Apple computers if you did not wait 20 minutes sometime your "flake" would not clear till you waited at least 20 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
553 Posts
They used capacitors. They still have power when unplugged. I don't know if they are still being use?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
They used capacitors. They still have power when unplugged. I don't know if they are still being use?
Yep, even DTE/Race Chip say to wait 10 mins before pulling sensors leads or putting their aftermarket inline ECU in the mix, so the ECU can power down after you pull the positive battery cable. They want the unit fully drain of regiual power.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have begun to notice the clutch shuddering/chattering as I come off the brake and accelerate. Just hit 7K, it has been really smooth until now. I have been so impressed with how the DCT shifts and now this. I believe I have taken excellent care of the clutch by not riding in traffic or roll/stop/roll at lights. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I am going to contact the dealer as soon as I get some input from you guys, thanks in advance.
My 2018 Limited has bucked like a pissed-off bronco when first accelerating after shifting to‘D’ from reverse especially when cold, since I bought it new.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4wd
8 Posts
I have a 2020 Ultimate, do a lot of high speed driving, have just over 10M miles. Have had no issues so far with the 7 speed, dry, dual clutch trans. While they out perform the older technology wet auto trans they are by nature, not as smooth. The dual clutch technology is found in late model performance cars such as the C8 Corvette & Mclaren!!

·
Super Moderator
1,169 Posts
I have a 2020 Ultimate, do a lot of high speed driving, have just over 10M miles. Have had no issues so far with the 7 speed, dry, dual clutch trans. While they out perform the older technology wet auto trans they are by nature, not as smooth. The dual clutch technology is found in late model performance cars such as the C8 Corvette & Mclaren!!
I believe they use a wet system DCT as the dry system doesn’t handle as much power/heat real well..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts