Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Kona is less than two months old with less than 1000 KM. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks I've notices that I occasionally get a "clunk", almost an "oil canning" sound from the rear when I apply the brakes at lower speeds. Happens about 40% of the time. I've removed everything from the trunk and that didn't help. Also, when I release the brakes from a dead stop, I seem to get a loud sound.

Is this something that's just part of the break in period or should I take it in?

·
Registered
75 Posts
My 2021 Kona is less than two months old with less than 1000 KM. I've noticed in the last couple of weeks I've notices that I occasionally get a "clunk", almost an "oil canning" sound from the rear when I apply the brakes at lower speeds. Happens about 40% of the time. I've removed everything from the trunk and that didn't help. Also, when I release the brakes from a dead stop, I seem to get a loud sound.

Is this something that's just part of the break in period or should I take it in?
Take it in, that is not normal. Make sure you can replicate the sound reliably, or explain how to. 40% seems frequent enough that a tech should be able to reproduce the sound if he took it for a short drive with plenty of stoplights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts