Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Why do you believe the wiring harness is poor? Thanks by the way for taking the time to post the photos.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

Your welcome.

The wiring pins are very loose in the connectors, and the gauge of the wires is very thin, maybe 20 gauge? Other thing that bothers me is the lack of any printed rating on those wires. Granted, the lights are led, but even the OE led lights use a heavier gauge wire. There is also no fuse block for these lights, if something goes wrong, they are toast. So if i add a fuse, what amperage? 2 amp? 5 amp? 15 amp? There are no instructions, diagrams, there are no specs on the controller. The wire colors don't even match up between the led controller harness, and the lamp section. For the amount of trouble it takes to install these markers, there should atleast be a comprehensive harness or instructions.

Please pardon the next horrible picture. The red and black wires are power and ground for the led module, while the thicker blue and black are the wires for the fog lamp splitter mod. Maybe Im just used to working with heavier gauge wire, but the Chinese led harness scares me.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Your welcome.

The wiring pins are very loose in the connectors, and the gauge of the wires is very thin, maybe 20 gauge? Other thing that bothers me is the lack of any printed rating on those wires. Granted, the lights are led, but even the OE led lights use a heavier gauge wire. There is also no fuse block for these lights, if something goes wrong, they are toast. So if i add a fuse, what amperage? 2 amp? 5 amp? 15 amp? There are no instructions, diagrams, there are no specs on the controller. The wire colors don't even match up between the led controller harness, and the lamp section. For the amount of trouble it takes to install these markers, there should at least be a comprehensive harness or instructions.

Please pardon the next horrible picture. The red and black wires are power and ground for the led module, while the thicker blue and black are the wires for the fog lamp splitter mod. Maybe Im just used to working with heavier gauge wire, but the Chinese led harness scares me.
Keep in mind, the thicker the wire the more resistant and impedance you have to deal with also.

I understand with regards to the instructions. They ought to have provided them even in Chinese. At least then you might have been able to use the Google translator to come close to a reasonable translations to use for installation.

I'm thinking about purchasing these from a reputable Korean manufacturer. I might have to pay a little bit more, but at least I'll get some instructions, even if they are in Korean.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
179 Posts
Keep in mind, the thicker the wire the more resistant and impedance you have to deal with also.

I understand with regards to the instructions. They ought to have provided them even in Chinese. At least then you might have been able to use the Google translator to come close to a reasonable translations to use for installation.

I'm thinking about purchasing these from a reputable Korean manufacturer. I might have to pay a little bit more, but at least I'll get some instructions, even if they are in Korean.

Blessings and Peace

Well, good news and bad news. Good news is, that it is possible to change the side markers without removing the bumper. The bad news is, its a pain in the dick, to say it nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well, good news and bad news. Good news is, that it is possible to change the side markers without removing the bumper. The bad news is, its a pain in the dick, to say it nicely.

Est job hour time from looking at your car to admiring your car.

·
Banned
179 Posts
Est job hour time from looking at your car to admiring your car.

I dont understand your comment. If its estimated time for side marker's change out, maybe about 20 mins without removing the bumper. Only takes about 3 mins to remove the engine splash shield, once that is off, its just finding the right angles to reach the 3 pan head screws. A small ratchet with a phillips head driver helps greatly.

Attachments

·
Banned
179 Posts
Can someone move this topic to Exterior section, Its not really a wheels/tire subject.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've been searching all through ebay but I'm not able to find the clear front bumper reflectors. Does anyone know where we can get it or what the part number for it is? I can only find the amber/orange reflectors.

·
Registered
2021 Ultimate thunder gray
6 Posts
In the states its amber.

Other markets it's clear and I can not get a part number.

Looked for weeks.

Any one with a part number or link to buy would be great.
TIA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been searching all through ebay but I'm not able to find the clear front bumper reflectors. Does anyone know where we can get it or what the part number for it is? I can only find the amber/orange reflectors.
Since no one helped me out with the actual question I dug and dug until I finally foudn the part numbers. I hope this helps you out if you havent found them already. These are the OEM Part numbers for the clear reflectors from europe.

92408-J9210 - LAMP ASSEMBLY-REAR R/REFL, RIGHT SIDE

92407-J9210 - LAMP ASSEMBLY-REAR R/REFL, LEFT SIDE

Hope this helps Justatree

21 - 34 of 34 Posts