Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 kona 1.6t and my wife was driving home from work when the engine light came on. Luckily, blue link picked it up and I called service to schedule a time to bring it in. It looks like DTC codes from blue link logged P030200, P030400, P030000, and P030100 codes. Anyone ever come across this issue? I hope it's not engine or tranny failure :(. Thanks for all feedback.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I have a 2019 kona 1.6t and my wife was driving home from work when the engine light came on. Luckily, blue link picked it up and I called service to schedule a time to bring it in. It looks like DTC codes from blue link logged P030200, P030400, P030000, and P030100 codes. Anyone ever come across this issue? I hope it's not engine or tranny failure :(. Thanks for all feedback.
I think those COULD be ECU engine misfire codes with an extra 00 added to it. I see that some manufactures add another 00 to their codes, as per

https://www.reddit.com/r/veloster/comments/habig1
NORMALLY Hyundai has the industry standard P0 3020 (your first #) as a engine ignition misfire on cylinder #2.

Your P0300 would be a

Do you have a piggyback tuning box on your car, or have an after market tune on your ECU? Have yourself just changed sparkplugs, or had a NON Hyundai dealer/auto repair shop change plugs?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is bone stock awd 1.6t. I have 70k miles and changed the spark plugs at 50k a year or so ago myself with the factory ones. It has been fine up until today. It was super easy to replace the plugs and couldn't justify paying someone to do it. I have an appt on Weds to bring it in. I am up to date on my maintenance and keep it in tip top shape. I just hope it's not the start of something bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts