Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are expecting our first child and are currently also looking at maybe purchasing the Kona EV. We are trying to choose an infant (rear facing) car seat that will work with the Kona. We are a single car household, currently driving a very old Ford Focus SES hatchback, and we have a single garage with no driveway to park in. So we like the Kona EV for it's size to meet our general car needs.

We are most interested in the Mesa Uppababy car seat but there is little to no information about this car seat in regards to it being installed succefully within the Kona.
Since we don't own a Kona yet, it also makes it difficult to confirm sizing/space with any car seat really as most information is limited reviews and/or vague opinions on if things fit or not. There is limited to no stock of Kona EVs to even test drive near us right now so any help would be appreciated - we test drove one months ago before we knew we were expecting!

If anyone has a Kona EV (2018+) and could either tell me the measurements of the car's back seating area, OR has installed car seats (with brand of car seat information included!) -specifically rear facing infant ones as that is our immediate need - into their Kona and could give me advice based on their experiences that would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance from an excited mom-to-be!

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have a 2021 Kona EV. Width of the back seat between the armrests on the doors is 1300mm.

Neither of us is tall. With front seats in a comfortable position for us, the distance between the backrest of the front seat and the backrest of the rear seat is 700-750mm. That could be increased on the passenger side if passenger was prepared to move forward a bit - there is room for that and not lose comfort.

Sorry, no recent direct experience with a capsule. Our youngest is 44 (years!)

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
335 Posts
Well it's been over 72 hours since @SteerIn2Paty called for help ASAP. The requested information has been provided, along with a further offer of help. Yet no acknowledgement, no comment and no thanks from she who needed urgent help.

Makes you wonder "Why bother?".
well the post says "expecting" a baby... doesn't say how soon
Could've been the literal minute after she posted?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a rear facing seat, it fits no problem. You have to have the passenger seat pushed forward a bit, but nothing too insane. My partner/wife sits in the back with the kid while I drive anyway. I have a Diono Radian Radian® 3RXT Car Seat | diono® Car Seats & Booster Seats.
I had the Uppababy Mesa for my newborn in my VW Golf GTI and it fit- the kona is slightly bigger. It was tight for the passenger, but it worked. That stage is over before you know it. Besides- you dont want to drive around with a newborn anyway. Tiny fragile creatures shouldnt be put in dangerous vehicles too often.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My husband and I are expecting our first child and are currently also looking at maybe purchasing the Kona EV. We are trying to choose an infant (rear facing) car seat that will work with the Kona. We are a single car household, currently driving a very old Ford Focus SES hatchback, and we have a single garage with no driveway to park in. So we like the Kona EV for it's size to meet our general car needs.

We are most interested in the Mesa Uppababy car seat but there is little to no information about this car seat in regards to it being installed succefully within the Kona.
Since we don't own a Kona yet, it also makes it difficult to confirm sizing/space with any car seat really as most information is limited reviews and/or vague opinions on if things fit or not. There is limited to no stock of Kona EVs to even test drive near us right now so any help would be appreciated - we test drove one months ago before we knew we were expecting!

If anyone has a Kona EV (2018+) and could either tell me the measurements of the car's back seating area, OR has installed car seats (with brand of car seat information included!) -specifically rear facing infant ones as that is our immediate need - into their Kona and could give me advice based on their experiences that would be super helpful!

Thanks in advance from an excited mom-to-be!
I can't see a problem. Hyundai child seat mounts are second to none. 👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts