Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate that I can't go to my car and start it and leave it unattended. If I start my car, there's no way to lock it from the outside. I understand that this is too prevent people from locking the key in the car, but at least make it so the driver can turn it off. This almost feels like they are trying to push the remote starter on to us for an extra $400-500 just for security.

I also can drive without the key in my car after getting out and closing the door, then opening it without the key anywhere nearby, stimulating someone entering my car uninvited. I drove 7km home without the key in the car and my friend was a few blocks behind me with my key in his car. I understand the low battery issue with these push button start keys, but if I don't have to hold the key to the ignition, the battery is sufficient for a bit. Plus the entry without the key present should prompt you to hold the key best to the push button for a low battery indicator or for the car to go in to 'valet mode'

Maybe it's just me that this bothers though.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can lock the doors with the car on from outside, You take the physical key out of the fob, insert it into the key hole in the driverside door, and physically lock it. You will need to physically unlock it to get into the car as its a manual over-ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts