Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Now I'm not a current Kona owner but I'm in the market for a new car and the Kona is one of three I'm looking into pulling the trigger on. The only problem is I can't find the info I'm looking for and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I take camping trips all the time and typically would take tents and all that but I realized since I am getting a new vehicle, I want to turn it into a camper. I already have an idea of what I'm going to do but I fear the Kona is too short for me(I'm ~6') to lay down in unless I'm diagonal. My problem is there is not a single person in either a video review on youtube or a written review that has measured from the back of the front seats pushed all the way forward to the latch of the trunk. I've wasted soooo much time trying to find this information and I swear to god not one person has doing a review has decided to measure the exact length nor could I find it on a spec sheet anywhere.

I was hoping someone could take the measurement or if they've done what I'm attempting themselves, give me the info I'm looking for. Thanks.

*If it makes it easier, I'm trying to basically accomplish this

·
Registered
2019 White Ultimate
266 Posts
I measured for you. 69" tilted foward on the pass side, 78" corner to corner.
Looks like you can sleep diagonally uncomfortably unless you can un-grow yoursef; your best bet in a Kona would be to remove the pass seat / modify it to somehow tilt forward more.

Also, FYI the rear seats don't fold that flat... there's probably at 10° upward tilt on them.

Is sleeping with the hatch up / mosquito net an option?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm 5'9" and have not found a way to accomplish this comfortably even with the front seats pushed all the way up. One possible solution could be a habitent, you leave the hatch open so you gain a few extra inches. They are geared towards prius but they also make a mid-sized one that is aimed at the prius v, crosstrek, mazda cx3...here is a link - Habitents Prius Tent For Hatchback Car Camping - Home

There is a reddit group that has a couple kona campers stories - all shorter than 5'7" I believe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi all

Now I'm not a current Kona owner but I'm in the market for a new car and the Kona is one of three I'm looking into pulling the trigger on. The only problem is I can't find the info I'm looking for and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I take camping trips all the time and typically would take tents and all that but I realized since I am getting a new vehicle, I want to turn it into a camper. I already have an idea of what I'm going to do but I fear the Kona is too short for me(I'm ~6') to lay down in unless I'm diagonal. My problem is there is not a single person in either a video review on youtube or a written review that has measured from the back of the front seats pushed all the way forward to the latch of the trunk. I've wasted soooo much time trying to find this information and I swear to god not one person has doing a review has decided to measure the exact length nor could I find it on a spec sheet anywhere.

I was hoping someone could take the measurement or if they've done what I'm attempting themselves, give me the info I'm looking for. Thanks.

*If it makes it easier, I'm trying to basically accomplish this
View attachment 5119
You've sat in the driver's seat? I would think you have, but if not, do so. It's cramped. If not, then think about measurements. Have you considered the Santa Fe or Tucson?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts