Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have been watching this thread with much amusement as I have been through the FWD/RWD/AWD for the last 35 years.
i owned an 1986 OMNI GLH Turbo - ~150 HP and it wasn't bad but 195/50-15 tires were crazy big in '86
next was a 1990 Dodge Shadow VNT - a limited production run on the 2.2l turbo IV with 174 hp and about 210lb/ft torque - I could not keep a right front tire on that car.
when I ordered my 06 Dodge Magnum Hemi AWD the local dealer asked "why - we don't get much snow" my reply was driving performance. we get lots of rain and I drove several early Chrysler 300/magnum hemi and never felt as confident as in the AWD.
i remember an article by an Audi or might have been Saab mechanic in the late 80's stating that anything more than 200hp through the front wheels in a small car was unsafe.
i relaced by wife's boring FWD hatchback with the Kona 1.6t AWD and wholeheartedly agree that anything with more performance that the Kona N MUST have AWD. where do I sign the petition?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I will PM you guys with some Hyundai corporate emails to write some letters tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Pictures of an almost production Kona N during a commercial video shoot, NO AWD emblems. Hyundai always has AWD emblems on AWD cars.

ALMOST a Check Mate FAILURE for the Kona N.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What a real shame Hyundai ...

I love this N performance division but **** you had a real opportunity here and kind of blew it from what I can tell

21 - 24 of 24 Posts