Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time I've seen it leak the first was more fluid, I've taken the cap off and cleaned it and replaced it however tonight when I checked it still seeping out from somewhere ! I thought my brakes feel different from when I purchase the vehicle 20180714_182436_1531620031406.jpg

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Check the inner bellows seal and make sure there isn't a pin hole. All else fails have them change it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also would check each caliper for fluid stains, you never know if there is leak at where the brake line connects to the caliper. But like JR stated if you have to add fluid then you have a problem some where in the system and would get it in as soon as possible.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Take it to a dealership and point it out. That way you at least have a record of notifying them if (*when?) it happens again.

Strangely enough, the brake reservoir on my mom's Kia Sorento leaked on some other components and caused them to fail. Fortunately it was all covered under warranty!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This is the second time I've seen it leak the first was more fluid, I've taken the cap off and cleaned it and replaced it however tonight when I checked it still seeping out from somewhere ! I thought my brakes feel different from when I purchase the vehicle View attachment 380

I would get it in ASAP, and when they find the leak I would make sure they do a FULL complete system bleed, as I would hope they would do by default.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
I agree, if you feel a diminished difference in braking and pedal pressure, take it in and let them diagnose it ASAP. They can do a leak check of the system. The simply pressurize the system first and let it set for a specified amount of time, according to their technical manual.

If you have air in the lines or system, it will diminish the effectiveness of the braking system.:smile: Use a flash light and check the top side of the engine bottom skid plate. The brake fluid is going somewhere. This way you can determine an approximate amount that has leaked. Place a large piece of card board on the garage floor, underneath the brake reservoir area. It will quickly show you any dripping or leakage. You may have to leave it there over night but you'll notice quite quickly.

Hope you get the issue resolved quickly.:wink::smile:

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
To me the leaks coming from the cap in the front. I can see a tell tale sign of it in the picture. The leak maybe from the bellows gasket. You're doing the right thing by taking it to them.:smile:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Exactly what I was going to say as JR pointed out from the cap, every time you use the brakes pressure forces the fluid back out through the cap. I would start with a new cap or wait until your service appointment you will know if that was the issue or not but the more you drive it like this moisture is being drawn back in to the fluid with that I would be vigilant in having a brake flush of course at their expense not yours as this is factory defective cap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts