Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help. When I connect Bluetooth it disconnects CarPlay. When I connect CarPlay it disconnects Bluetooth. 2020 Kona EV. It worked fine until today

·
Registered
399 Posts
That is normal, when you connect CarPlay with the cable it will always disconnect bluetooth because it isn't needed - and bandwidth for bluetooth is too narrow to transfer all the data to use CarPlay.

Not sure if you are interested - wireless CarPlay actually uses a wifi connection. The '21 Hyundai's started adding wireless CarPlay, you can buy a dongle for earlier models. I have one and it works remarkably well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
...you can buy a dongle for earlier models. I have one and it works remarkably well.
Hoping you wouldn't mind sharing which model you bought. I've seen several out there with mixed
reviews and I am definitely interested in adding one to my Kona. The plugging in and out gets old.
First world problems, huh? 😄

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hoping you wouldn't mind sharing which model you bought. I've seen several out there with mixed
reviews and I am definitely interested in adding one to my Kona. The plugging in and out gets old.
First world problems, huh? 😄
This is the one I use:
CarlinKit 2.0 Wireless CarPlay Adapter Upgrade Dongle fit for Ford with Sync 3 Version 3.4, Cars with Factory Wired CarPlay, Wired to Wireless CarPlay https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WG1J1DC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_DfPpxMgbuBERK

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks to everyone. I looked at some of these units previously when I had my Mazda CX-3...I just find it odd that they have 400 different models to choose from, including these 2 mentioned for our Konas. They even look radically different!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts