Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yet I had a servicing at the dealer last week and it is recorded in My Hyundai. Today I received an email from BlueLink and an alert on the car screen. My Hyundai is also saying I need a servicing and it has the servicing recorded. I spoke to 3 different BlueLink operators. Each told me to do something else and none of it worked.

1) I was told to press the Bluelink button on my mirror and a screen would come up to reset the alert. This did not happen.
2) I was told to hold the BlueLink button down for a few seconds and say "Service Complete". This did not work and it just called Bluelink.
3) I was told to press BlueLink and it would ask me if I wanted to schedule service. This never happened. They made me reset my head unit to fix this and that did not work either.
4) I was told I could reset the maintenance warning online. I went to do that and there seems to be no way to do it.

Anybody know what the real story is?

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
Probably forgot to reset your bluelink.

Also check the service reminder in the the car was reset too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably forgot to reset your bluelink.

Also check the service reminder in the the car was reset too.
Thanks...I went back into the car and this time said "Bluelink Service Completed" and it was acknowledged by the system.

However, MyHundai still says I need servicing. Maybe that will go away now? Not sure. Anyway, why shoud I have to do this when the dealer serviced my car and it was entered into My Hyundai? Shouldn't these systems communicate?

·
Super Moderator
477 Posts
There is also the in car service reminder. If they forgot to reset when they did your service. You'll need to reset that too.

If the service info showed up on your online record. It doest mean they reset them. They are somewhat independence of each other. I dont have my Kona anymore. If I remembered correctly. You can also reset service in your Bluelink account.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There is also the in car service reminder. If they forgot to reset when they did your service. You'll need to reset that too.

If the service info showed up on your online record. It doest mean they reset them. They are somewhat independence of each other. I dont have my Kona anymore. If I remembered correctly. You can also reset service in your Bluelink account.
I believe they did reset the car reminder, so that was not the problem.

What I just did was add a service record in My Hyundai where I selected Engine Oil and Filter. Apparently, though the dealer did enter the servicing, they did not select the right type of servicing or use the right wording that tells My Hyundai that the oil was changed and reset the interval. Here is the Dealer entry on top and mine on the bottom. Adding this service to My Hyundai has made the reminder go away. I guess I will need to do this if the dealer does not enter the right service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe they did reset the car reminder, so that was not the problem.

What I just did was add a service record in My Hyundai where I selected Engine Oil and Filter. Apparently, though the dealer did enter the servicing, they did not select the right type of servicing or use the right wording that tells My Hyundai that the oil was changed and reset the interval. Here is the Dealer entry on top and mine on the bottom. Adding this service to My Hyundai has made the reminder go away. I guess I will need to do this if the dealer does not enter the right service.

View attachment 3660
Hyundai would love for you to change your oil every 3500 miles. Totally unnecessary, even if you're using dino oil. If you're using full synthetic, it's more like 10,000 miles. Just a way to get dealer $$$.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have already had one issue of Bluelink telling me my car needed maintenance when it did not:

I thought I resolved that one (with little help from Hyundai). Now I am getting an alert on my car screen and in MyHyundai that I need maintenance at 4280 miles.

What possibly triggered this alert? It doesn't even make sense for any maintenance interval Hyundai would recommend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have already had one issue of Bluelink telling me my car needed maintenance when it did not:

I thought I resolved that one (with little help from Hyundai). Now I am getting an alert on my car screen and in MyHyundai that I need maintenance at 4280 miles.

What possibly triggered this alert? It doesn't even make sense for any maintenance interval Hyundai would recommend.
Just got another alert at 4750 miles...so it thinks my interval is 1500 miles. I'm really starting to think Hyundai is totally incompetent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts