Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm dancing with the devil again after a three year hiatus from Apple. Alexa on my Samsung S7 would start my car every time. Didn't have to ask twice. Siri just tells me I need an app for that even though the "My Hyundai" app is installed and working on my Iphone XR. I think I sense a little attitude in her voice.

Is there any way to get Siri to start my car?

Thanks.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
No there isn't, sorry. Siri won't access the BlueLink app.

Blessings and Peace

Reactions: Green Sub

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took a look at the shortcuts app. I didn't see any options to have Siri run apps.

Best I can do is have Siri open the Blue Link app.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just ordered an Echo Dot (2nd gen) for $24

Confirmed to work with Blue Link.
Not sure if you are Prime or not but they have a limited release echo auto that is wait-list to prime right now. It is auto specific, likely a bluetooth connection and is $25...the downside to this is they aren't moving quickly on the invites, I requested as soon as they opened them up and that was November.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure if you are Prime or not but they have a limited release echo auto that is wait-list to prime right now. It is auto specific, likely a bluetooth connection and is $25...the downside to this is they aren't moving quickly on the invites, I requested as soon as they opened them up and that was November.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked it out. It's an Echo that mounts on your dash. I need something to start my Kona hands free from my kitchen (I know opening my laptop or picking up my phone is so last decade) :wink:

The Echo dot should do what I need. Plus I have a lot of Insteon light switches in my house that I can control with it. Siri doesn't do those either. Not sure why I keep her around.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I checked it out. It's an Echo that mounts on your dash. I need something to start my Kona hands free from my kitchen (I know opening my laptop or picking up my phone is so last decade) :wink:

The Echo dot should do what I need. Plus I have a lot of Insteon light switches in my house that I can control with it. Siri doesn't do those either. Not sure why I keep her around.
Now that I think about it I just LOL'd, I guess a vehicle specific device would kind of defeat the purpose...might be just as easy to push the button rather than 'Alexa, start my Kona' since you are sitting inside the...car...yeah, I'm slow occasionally but at least I can laugh at myself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alexa works great starting my Kona with the Amazon Echo Dot. The same annoyance exists that the car must be locked or the start command will fail. Just make sure it's locked first or ask Alexa to lock it.

Now what I really like is using Alexa to turn my house lights on, off and dim them; turning on my TV and Direct TV and tuning DirectTV channels. I also like messing with my lab Pinkerton by asking Alexa to howl like a wolf, make coyote sounds or chirp like a squirrel. I guess I have too much time on my hands :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t know if anyone is still reading this thread. Seems like no one came up with an answer however I have some shortcuts working with no API interface required. I’ll be at it’s not perfect but a monkey could progress, in fact Alexa monkey routines was a key factor. Anyone else still messing with it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts