Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2021 Kona EV SEL. This weekend I noticed that the Blind Spot Detection wasn’t working. I went into the menu and saw that it was disabled. When I when to enable it I couldn’t and it was greyed out.

Called my dealer to make an appt to get this fixed. Told them it was a safety issue. Was told the soonest appt was six weeks out! Called another dealer and said they can’t work on EV’s. I told them it wasn’t a battery issue but they said they won’t even do a tire rotation on an EV.

Called Hyundai Customer Service and opened a case. Said this was unacceptable. Glad my car is still drivable and can’t imagine if it wasn’t. Is it a technician staffing issue? The dealer who said they won’t work on EV’s said they have 26 Hyundai’s on recalls waiting for engine replacements, including 2013-2017 Sonata’s. Ughhh.

Any way I can fix the BSD myself? Read somewhere that the cameras have to be recalibrated???

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2020 Kona SEL with the issue of my passenger side Blind Spot detection being faulty.. goes off whenever.. no one around etc.. My local dealership told me i would have to come back AGAIN to further evaluate it.. mind you this is about the 3rd time i reported the safety issue ! I'm about ready to hire an attorney and take it to court ! My current appointment is November 1st ! unexceptable ! Safety issues should be priority. Not to mention It freaks you out when you turn on your signal and it blasts the warning even tho you know no one is there ..

·
Registered
2020 Kona
3 Posts
I have a 2020 Kona. Bought it three years ago. Over the past three years the BSD unit has disabled itself about 10 times and I have never been able to restart it using the buttons or the menu. The dealer always says it is caused by dirt on the sensor and has never attempted to determine the real cause. I don't believe it because given time driving, the problem resets and I never washed the car. I found that if I pull over and restart the vehicle the fault resets and I can continue.
I once found in the manual that the BSD can go to sleep if there is no activity such as from driving on a lonely road. I don't believe that either. I think there is a bug in the system and Hyundai doesn't have the interest or the analytical skills to figure it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts