Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
They did nothing because they couldn't get it to happen for them and it would never store the code in the computer they had several people drive it in many different areas and could never duplicate the problem so they weren't able to do anything my wife fixed it last night and went and bought a new car she was scared to drive it
Good for her; bad for us. I thought it would be helpful to have someone else out there with the same problem! Is there a reason you don't want to mention the dealer or the service department where you took it? I may be facing a situation where corroborating documentation may be needed to be be able to log it as a manufacturing defect. I'm sure other Kona owners have seen this before but it's not being passed up the line. I'm still hoping someone else will check into this forum with the same problem. Did your wife trade the car in? It would be nice to have the VIN#.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is what I posted in the Engine & technical section of this forum

Hi I have a 2020 Kona AWD 6-speed automatic transmission. Millage ~5000mi.

The 1st time this happened I was driving on the interstate when I saw a warning on my dash from the Forward Collision Warning system & the Blind spot warning at the same time. I looked all around & there was not a car in sight & a second later I felt the car jolt like I had hit something. Since there was no one around I thought it must have been a rock (felt like a large rock). I pulled over, shut off the engine, got out, checked all the tires & looked for any sign of a collision, & found nothing. I got back on the road & all was well, so I chalked it up as a weird mystery. It's happened 3 more times with the same sequence of events. First time was 10/16/20 the last 2Xs on 11/13. I had the car towed to the nearest dealer & of course they can't replicate the problem. Has this happened to anyone else?

Sequence of events:
1)"Forward Collision Avoidance FCA Warning" & "Blind Spot Detection" warning to check blind spot,
2) Then a jarring jolt in the front end
3) Then high whine coming from engine that sounds like too high rpms for the gear you are in.

It's happened 3X at 70mph on the highway & 1X at 40mph. I happened 2X today 11/12.

Thanks!!
Hello All, my service people are going to order an "inhibitor switch" to address this problem. Does anyone know what this is & how it might help the problem above? Thanks!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts