Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting this here for progress and to help others in the future. I ordered a 215/65/16 set of general grabber atx but it was on back order so 215/70/16 is the experiment with a 2” body lift. Not sure how it’s going to fit or what nods will need to be done but I’ll be the guinea pig and post details here for others. Stock photo before all the changes this weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking great! Thanks for posting your upgrade progress. You've helped me decide on my winter tires and rim setup. Love the 70's sidewall height. Nice beefy tires.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking great! Thanks for posting your upgrade progress. You've helped me decide on my winter tires and rim setup. Love the 70's sidewall height. Nice beefy tires.
Just a disclaimer the tires do rub right before full lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks awesome! Looking to purchase this kit for my SE soon, how would you describe the overall installation process? I was hoping to lower mine, but due to the larger wheels I put on mine and the fact that only the independent suspension models can be lowered, I've instead opted to go higher.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just did 2" lift with coilovers. easy install. watch the steering knuckles so they don't tip out n pull apart the passenger front cv axle. in the rear on both sides , DO NOT INSTALL the 10mm bolt that holds the brake lines to the frame!!!! at full suspension down travel it will kink n tear out your rubber line, let it hang free or make about a 1" lowering bracket.

·
Registered
39 Posts
my 215/60r16s have never rubbed. looked yesterday after doing lift and coilover install, 70s will probably still rub at wheel lock on inner wheel well/frame inside bottom, going with 205-215/65r16 next time...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks awesome! Looking to purchase this kit for my SE soon, how would you describe the overall installation process? I was hoping to lower mine, but due to the larger wheels I put on mine and the fact that only the independent suspension models can be lowered, I've instead opted to go higher.
It wasn’t too bad to be honest. The biggest pain was adjusting the sway bar because I was over thinking it. You can get it done skipping a few steps but I urge you not to. Take your time and do it right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts