Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the best accessories you've bought for your Kona? Could be tech-related, could be floor mats, could be anything...anything you've bought and put in your Kona since you bought it.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Everything so far but if I was to say functionality; it would be the 3M clear bra, hood struts, wind deflectors, mud guards, and K & N Filter.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
51 Posts
Replacing the fog lights with LED. Made a HUGE improvement to the definite lacking headlight illumination.
Now, to find a suitable replacement for the low beam bulb.

Otherwise, best/ cheapest MOD would be adding sound mat under the spare tire compartment.
May look to add some in the rear wheel wells if I figure out how to remove the plastic panels.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Although I really like my floormats and window vent visors, the center console organizer tray someone recommended on here months ago really is a handy accessory. The Kona armrest storage compartment is pretty deep and this really adds a lot of functionality without taking away much of the storage area.

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Reactions: Dickestonia

·
Registered
227 Posts
@JR KONA that has been my only “complaint “ since I bought the Kona. Armrest bothered my elbow on my drive to work...saw this on a Toyota? Forum but now that I have it installed totally in Love with it ...and bonus...it’s cheap!!...like me

·
Registered
98 Posts
i`ve had my 2019 SE AWD for about 6 weeks so i`m just starting out with accessories but so far i got the Weathertech floor liners which have an excellent fit. i`ve also purchased nearly all the LED`s to replace all the standard lighting on the car but haven`t installed them yet. the next thing i want to do is get a remote start installed.

·
Registered
2018 Kona Highlander 1.6T
17 Posts
This!

It not only raises the height of the centre console armrest by 2.5 inches but as you can see from the pics, the new armrest slides forward up to 2 inches closer to the dash. This unit is a big improvement over the oem centre armrest which, IMHO is too low and not long enough to be of much use.

I personally prefer the contour of the A type but the shape is a personal choice.

The unit comprises a base with the adjustable armrest behind which is a tray and a cupholder/usb insert box that sits in the tray. Although the box is a snug fit in the tray it needs to be fixed in place with double-sided tape else it will fall out when you open the oem console lid. Included is a usb extension cord that terminates in twin usb ports located under the small rectangular lid at the top of the insert box, shown clearly in the lower left pic.

The Kona armrest is a tad over 16 cm wide so this unit fits just fine. The unit fixes to the oem console lid with a couple of elastic straps.

The cupholder/usb insert box is not as useful as you might think however coz whatever you stow in this little caddy, (including any beverage that you put in the cupholder) will end up on the back floor if you lift the oem armrest to access the console cubby! This is not an issue for me coz I don't store stuff in the caddy but the extra comfort provided by the armrest makes up for this obvious shortcoming in the design.

I
Screenshot_20210425-222101_AliExpress.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Kona Highlander 1.6T
17 Posts
Reactions: jwslam

·
Registered
399 Posts
Which adapter did you buy? Does it work well?
I bought the CarlinKit 2.0, very pleased with the purchase. It usually connects within 30 seconds and the delay when switch a song is negligible. I was skeptical but I don't even think about it anymore.

If you buy it, there is a review (by robaroo) that has instructions that were flawless. Better than the included booklet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts