Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just left the dealership for this very reason. BCW failure flashed (for about the dozenth) time, but this time we were headed in the dealership's direction. We called ahead and said we're bringing it in NOW, with warning light ON. Pulled in, left car running so as to not reset system. Waited, and were told when their mech got in, the light and any codes were NOT there. Right...So I'm imagining this stuff you're saying? The vehicle (2019 Kona) has just over 20K on the clock. Am totally tired of the condescending small talk. Been working on cars my whole adult life. At 10K we had to have the Cat replaced. Now there's exhaust getting in to the interior. Again, if they don't see or smell the problem, it doesn't exist. I get the feeling that the ONLY time they're gonna find a problem is when the car's out of warranty and they can fleece me for $. So unimpressed. Not getting any satisfaction whatsoever.
Called another dealership for a second opinion. Was told that, yes, they were under the impression that if the system does not detect any traffic, it assumes that it is in a fault condition and signals a warning. This doesn't say, however, that the system will automatically reset if traffic is once again detected. (Why did the light mysteriously "go out" at the 1st dealership?) This, I fear is a safety issue unto itself. No one expects a Spanish inquisition, or a safety feature to default to "off" on its own. It only takes a split-second for an accident to happen. No one has time to stop, pullover and reset, just in case the system may be falsely reading. This needs to be fixed. Does any other automotive mfr's vehicles do this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Called another dealership for a second opinion. Was told that, yes, they were under the impression that if the system does not detect any traffic, it assumes that it is in a fault condition and signals a warning. This doesn't say, however, that the system will automatically reset if traffic is once again detected. (Why did the light mysteriously "go out" at the 1st dealership?) This, I fear is a safety issue unto itself. No one expects a Spanish inquisition, or a safety feature to default to "off" on its own. It only takes a split-second for an accident to happen. No one has time to stop, pullover and reset, just in case the system may be falsely reading. This needs to be fixed. Does any other automotive mfr's vehicles do this?
Am curently reading this: BLIND SPOT DETECTION (BSD) OR BLIND-SPOT COLLISION WARNING (BCW) – Hyundai | Hyundai (oemdtc.com)
May be of SOME use...

21 - 22 of 22 Posts