Hyundai Kona Forum banner

Awsome upgrade for Projector Lamps

29K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  abjbrkt 
#1 ·
I did not like the way the OEM headlights looked they were very dim and yellowish , so I contacted Phillips and they said this would be your best option to be almost a perfect match for your DRL's and great light output in a projector lamp ! I bought both low and high beam Philips Diamond vision H7 bulbs from Amazon ! They look amazing .....

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks for the bulb type. Any time I go to look for replacement bulbs I am laying in bed and can't be bothered to run to my car for the manual. I've had little luck finding them online. Are these H7 bulbs for the lowbeam or highbeam headlights? And do you know what the other bulb type is by chance?

I'm thinking about upgrading to the Nighthawk Platinum as suggested to me by brother. Does anyone have any suggestion on the best bulbs for these? My goal isn't to blind other drivers, just to see better and further. The yellow bulbs aren't cutting it.

#9 ·
I believe the Ultimate comes with LED front and rear headlights if I'm not mistaken. I had to look at them and realized the DRL's and the Headlights are the same color. So it prompted me to do the research. The Limited and the Ultimate come with LED headlights and taillights for anyone who is interested and wasn't aware. So no need to mess with them, wahoo!:grin: Thanks for posting the chart BlackBetty.:smile:

#10 ·
Hello RC51 Rider,

Nice job in changing the OEM headlight. There is hardly any space behind the low beam dust covers to remove the OEM bulb and install the new bulb from Phillips. Could you care to provide some detail instructions as how to replace the low beam headlights? Did you remove the whole headlight module?

Thanks very much in advance.

#17 ·
Just a bump.
Wondering if you have any advice to offer on how to install without killing the bulb/ or hands.
The passenger side seems blocked by the washer fluid stem. Did you remove the headlight assembly?
Inquiring minds want to know. ;-)

#18 ·
You only have to move the reservoir stem if you are replacing the high beams as well. It is doable without removing the assembly but you just have to be patient. There is a little plastic access point in the wheel well that you could go through - the only down side to this is that you would have to drill out a couple rivets. Why they chose to rivet this on is beyond me as this should just be a couple of screws. You could drill those out and reassemble with a stainless screw and nut.

I just used my hand and rubber gloves so I didn't get hand oils on the bulb - no problem scratching the bulb or cutting my hands, a few scratches but that was it.

#19 ·
2018 Kona low & high beam Philips Diamond vision H7 bulbs

RC51 is there a part number on those low and high beam bulbs? are all the h7 connections the same now a days? I know the original bulbs are horrible and i want to get better bulbs in my girlfriends car. You got the fog lights also, think I seen they are H11... I just want to get the right bulbs for low / high / fog for her 2018 kona. Im having issues when I call Advance Auto and Autozone, they can find any to fit her car, they sell Sylvania Thanks, Rich

#20 ·
It's not a huge sample size but the H7s I've bought for my Kona and Escape have been the same connection wise. Same with the H11.

I bought H7 H7 H11 for Low/High/Fog for my Kona. The fog light area has tons of room you can easily fit large size LEDs into it.

#21 ·
I just purchased a 2020 Hyundai kona and I been beating my brain on what kind of H7 Halogen light bulbs to replace with the stock ones with, because i cant even see the stock lights when it is pouring down rain here in Florida. I was looking at the Philips diamond vision but they say ther are not road legal in the USA. So then i was thingking of the Philips X-treme vision 130%. Though im still not even sure what to put in this vehical. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. I just have one more question. Does any one elses Kona headlights spread out away form the vehicle like mine? "p
icture is attached"

#24 ·
Greetings and Welcome
Unfortunately SE and SEL Konas come with halogen bulbs and are not bright enough.
Mentioned in this thread are some much better halogen bulbs. Post #1 etc.
This is a really easy diy.
or
Any auto repair shop will change the bulbs for a "small" fee, or your dealer will do it for a larger fee.

Here's a more popular setup swapping halogen for led. Be sure to read it all if you like this option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.