Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
I just purchased a 2020 Hyundai kona and I been beating my brain on what kind of H7 Halogen light bulbs to replace with the stock ones with, because i cant even see the stock lights when it is pouring down rain here in Florida. I was looking at the Philips diamond vision but they say ther are not road legal in the USA. So then i was thingking of the Philips X-treme vision 130%. Though im still not even sure what to put in this vehical. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated. I just have one more question. Does any one elses Kona headlights spread out away form the vehicle like mine? "p
icture is attached"

I did not like the way the OEM headlights looked they were very dim and yellowish , so I contacted Phillips and they said this would be your best option to be almost a perfect match for your DRL's and great light output in a projector lamp ! I bought both low and high beam Philips Diamond vision H7 bulbs from Amazon ! They look amazing .....
I just bought the 2020 kona and my headlights are really dim and my highbeams are dim too is that the way they come

I did not like the way the OEM headlights looked they were very dim and yellowish , so I contacted Phillips and they said this would be your best option to be almost a perfect match for your DRL's and great light output in a projector lamp ! I bought both low and high beam Philips Diamond vision H7 bulbs from Amazon ! They look amazing .....
Did your Kona come with dim lights bc I just bought the 2020 Kona and my lights are very dim and the high beams

Greetings and Welcome
Unfortunately SE and SEL Konas come with halogen bulbs and are not bright enough.
Mentioned in this thread are some much better halogen bulbs. Post #1 etc.
This is a really easy diy.
or
Any auto repair shop will change the bulbs for a "small" fee, or your dealer will do it for a larger fee.

Here's a more popular setup swapping halogen for led. Be sure to read it all if you like this option.

I am having issues replacing my OEMs to the Phillips bulbs I bought the other day. I cannot twist off the little black bit attached to the bulb as it is really tight and there is not much room. Do I need a special tool that would make it turn easier?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.